denis007
12 years ago
My first cigar was a little over a year ago Flor De Las Antillas. Love at first light!! Since then I have not looked back, and been exploring all the world of cigars has to offer. I have moved from a simple bally humidor too customizing a wine cooler to hold my collection (247 strong) . Least expensive cigar Don Rafael maduro, Most expensive Cigar Cohiba Grand Reserva. Lets hear your stories..🇨🇮
ZRX1200
12 years ago
My first cigar was Oregon outdoor.
Ndill
12 years ago
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Can't remember my first. I bought some here and there at casinos. The first I can remember was an Ashton VSG. Although I ruined it in retrospect not knowing how to smoke it it still did its job of helping to reel me in to the cigar world. I have yet to buy another but I've been scoping out the deals.
SammyETN
12 years ago
I honestly don't remember what it was, probably because it happened about 28 years ago.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Or RP 92. I bought em both at the same time.
kip5166@gmail.com
12 years ago
Other than an occasional Gas station gar, my first "real" cigar was an Oliva "V" from a 5 cigar sampler that I got as a Christmas present for myself. As above, probably wasted it as I didn't know much about cigars then, trying to remember the other 4 MOW Armada, Dirty Rat, Tat Brown, and Ashton ESG IIRC.

Kip
eye2
12 years ago
The first that can remembered was the Valdez Dictator around 1984 while in the US Army. But there was one before then around 1976 when a friend stole some of his dad's cigars and we smoked'em.
crgcpro
12 years ago

I honestly don't remember what it was, probably because it happened about 28 years ago.

SammyETN wrote:



Hey Sammy: Ever been to The Shamrock in Johnson City?

I remember buying my first cigars there about 28 years ago as well. They sold these Little unbanded things that looked like what Clint Eastwood would smoke in his Spaghetti Westerns and that's what I started on.

Pro
denis007
12 years ago
Now thats a story!! =d> awsome memories I bet!! The Shamrock in Johnson city sounds like a place in one of clints movies lol..
thurson
12 years ago
Probably a Roi-Tan or El Producto while watching the Friday Night Fights with my dad and our neighbor in the mid '50s.

Yeah I'm a 🌫
bassman45
12 years ago
Pretty sure A&C grenadier
Abrignac
12 years ago
Keep Moving Goodie in the early 1970's.

My Grampa smoked about a box a day. I'd get the left over butts out of his ashtray and head back into the swamp and smoke 'em while I hunted with my Savage single shot .410.
spectresquad
12 years ago

Hey Sammy: Ever been to The Shamrock in Johnson City?

I remember buying my first cigars there about 28 years ago as well. They sold these Little unbanded things that looked like what Clint Eastwood would smoke in his Spaghetti Westerns and that's what I started on.

Pro

crgcpro wrote:



1976 Doneman Bahia dry cures like Clint liked. I smoked them on Submarines. They were not as harsh as the friggin Green horse turd cigars they sold in ships stores. I switched to pipes for a few years, a lot easier to handle on board. I still use a pipe when on duty on the bridge. I do not have to worry about burning charts with a pipe I can sit down. All of them I carve can sit on their own. I save the cigars for celebrations or when I am Sittin out on the deck enjoying the cool of the night like tonight. 😇 I am smoking a CI Custom blend. It rates a 5 on a scale of 1-10. No better than a gas station gar.](*,)
robertsccr5
12 years ago
2009 in Baghdad, CAO Brazilia. I even have some pictures as well.

To be honest, that cigar did not get me into cigars. It wasn't until 2012 that someone handed me a DE Natural Torpedo, and the next day a Sancho Panza Double Maduro. Those two cigars got me very interested and then I got hooked!
dharbolt
12 years ago

Can't remember my first. I bought some here and there at casinos. The first I can remember was an Ashton VSG. Although I ruined it in retrospect not knowing how to smoke it it still did its job of helping to reel me in to the cigar world. I have yet to buy another but I've been scoping out the deals.

Puffnstuff79 wrote:




Great cigar, you will be amazed how different your perception of it is now.
muddy77
12 years ago
first cigar i ever smoked would have been a Gurkha Evil I believe but I can't even remember what I ate for dinner lastnight letalone what i smoked 4.5 years ago and I know to some of you vets thats not that long ago but Ive been around the world and back three times since then lol.
Russiancrusher
12 years ago
Davidoff Annaversario #1 at a Morton's Steakhouse in Columbus, Ohio. Was doing expert witness work for an attorney in a med mal case. After dinner we were offered cigars and scotch. This was about 20 years ago. I've been hooked ever since. Most Davidoffs are too mild for me now.
muddy77
12 years ago

Davidoff Annaversario #1 at a Morton's Steakhouse in Columbus, Ohio. Was doing expert witness work for an attorney in a med mal case. After dinner we were offered cigars and scotch. This was about 20 years ago. I've been hooked ever since. Most Davidoffs are too mild for me now.

Russiancrusher wrote:




🇨🇮 I like davidoffs they are a really smooth smoke. I like dark cigars every once and awhile though.
Mandoman
12 years ago

2009 in Baghdad, CAO Brazilia. I even have some pictures as well.

!

robertsccr5 wrote:



I was in Baghdad May '09 - April '10, at Victory. Did you join the Victory, Slayer, or Cropper Cigar Club?
Users browsing this topic