marc palanzo
12 years ago
The thread is locked?

Please send me an approved list of topics to discuss.
muhren
12 years ago

The thread is locked?

Please send me an approved list of topics to discuss.

marc palanzo wrote:



I asked Trish for more detail regarding this as I was confused as well.

I had asked how I should let folks know I would be traveling without saying "let me come to your house!" and she suggested...It was ok to say I would be in the area, but folks should respond with their input on shops via PM, rather than post suggestions to the thread.

I think that about sums it up.

Made sense to me anyway.

M
marc palanzo
12 years ago
It would be one thing if you were posting links to internet sales or the like, but you're just a guy trying to enjoy his vacation.

In this case, policy has defeated common sense.
denis007
12 years ago



In this case, policy has defeated common sense.

marc palanzo wrote:


Agreed!! 🇨🇮
TrishS@CigarBid
12 years ago

It would be one thing if you were posting links to internet sales or the like, but you're just a guy trying to enjoy his vacation.

In this case, policy has defeated common sense.

marc palanzo wrote:




Many, many little shops have an internet presence. You may not check to see if they're online, but others just might do that. Rather than attend the mini-herf since they don't post here but do live in that area, will look up the retailer online and they may actually sell cigars that way. It happens because I've checked out the occasional shop.

To Denis's comment on a previous thread, yes we are a large company. And to be very frank, I want to keep it that way. My spending habits depend on keeping my job. I don't want to erode our business. Sorry if that seems selfish.

I think its great that there are B&M shops out there. They are an integral part and extremely important to the cigar industry. But that doesn't mean I want to give them my internet sales. CI/CBid does a pretty good job of keeping their customers happy. But we can't please everyone. If an unhappy, former customer finds one of these small shops ON OUR WEBSITE, and purchases from them, that one sale doesn't hurt too much. But if they tell all their buddies about it and they all begin to make purchases there, that erodes my business.

I don't see that as a loss of common sense. I see it as a sound business model. Sorry if you don't agree.
t33bone
12 years ago
Well said Trisha. You do have to eat and live comfortably. Sales go way down could hurt the business and your pay/job. I'm with you. PM's seems to be the safest way to do this when traveling.
Users browsing this topic