dlandri21
12 years ago
Lately I've had a few issues with Rocky Patel cigars. I've picked up a few Edge toros and noticed a big difference between the cabinet ones that come in boxes of 100 and the ones that come in typical 20 count boxes. The construction on the ones from the smaller boxes have been much better and they have usually had a much nicer draw. It seems odd to me, but its a noticeable difference.

I also recently had the edge b52 corojo and I can say it was very good. Very nicely made and flavorful. However, every edge maduro I've ever tried seems to burn like crap, regardless of the size or the place I purchase them. The filler on all of them seems to burn faster than the wrapper does. Anyone else notice these issues?
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Nope I hadn't noticed....


But I'm not smoking RP's
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
I would guess the maduro may need extra rest or let it sit out for an hour or two before smoking it
cacman
12 years ago
Don't often read "quality control" and "Rocky Patel" in the same sentence.
im1livewire
12 years ago

Don't often read "quality control" and "Rocky Patel" in the same sentence.

cacman wrote:


^^^^ =d>
dlandri21
12 years ago

Don't often read "quality control" and "Rocky Patel" in the same sentence.

cacman wrote:


So has this been an issue for a while? I dont buy many Rocky's, but I do like the edge.
cacman
12 years ago

So has this been an issue for a while? I dont buy many Rocky's, but I do like the edge.

dlandri21 wrote:


How many blends can one come up with - like Gurhka, Graycliff, PDR, etc.
nothing new…
eye2
12 years ago
I haven't had any major problems at all, especially with the 1992 seconds. Sometimes the Decades are a little hard on the draw. Maybe too much tobacco packed inside. But once you take the bands off, they open up quite nicely.

Oh yeah, the bands come off easily without tearing the wrapper. You can't say that about all cigars.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

I haven't had any major problems at all, especially with the 1992 seconds. Sometimes the Decades are a little hard on the draw. Maybe too much tobacco packed inside. But once you take the bands off, they open up quite nicely.

Oh yeah, the bands come off easily without tearing the wrapper. You can't say that about all cigars.

eye2 wrote:



Yes I can. The bands come off easily without tearing on all cigars. =d>
QMPASH
12 years ago
"Quality control" and Rocky Patel are misnomers (oxymorons.) And, over the years, while his prices have risen, it has gotten worse, not better. However, having said that, when you do get a good one with no construction issues, it is quite good. 🐴 [frypan] 😣
tonygraz
12 years ago
I've smoked a couple of RP cargo maduros recently and noticed no problems, but I do have a tendency to store cigars in the 60-65 humidity range that are in the to be smoked soon category. So one might want to try the suggestion in post # 3.
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
^ RP Cargo... Hey, I was just about to mention those when I saw this. I have some other RPs, but I put some Cargos down in the Vets Hall humidor and smoke them after work at midnight occasionally. Of the 10 or a dozen I've had, I only had 1 that was too tight to smoke.

And they are pretty tasty... IMHO.
DD1700
12 years ago
Rocky Patel suck enough said!!!!!
denis007
12 years ago

Rocky Patel suck enough said!!!!!

DD1700 wrote:


+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 Regards 🇨🇮
tonygraz
12 years ago
Smoked a RP r4 today. Ok except for less than acceptable draw. Minor burn problems that self corrected.
QMPASH
12 years ago
👎 I would rather smoke a Devils Weed, a Dark Shark or a Ron Mexico than a RP R4. It is the pits. Rocky should consider taking his name off this dog rocket.
Rut-Ro!
12 years ago

Lately I've had a few issues with Rocky Patel cigars. I've picked up a few Edge toros and noticed a big difference between the cabinet ones that come in boxes of 100 and the ones that come in typical 20 count boxes. The construction on the ones from the smaller boxes have been much better and they have usually had a much nicer draw. It seems odd to me, but its a noticeable difference.

I also recently had the edge b52 corojo and I can say it was very good. Very nicely made and flavorful. However, every edge maduro I've ever tried seems to burn like crap, regardless of the size or the place I purchase them. The filler on all of them seems to burn faster than the wrapper does. Anyone else notice these issues?

dlandri21 wrote:



Lately? Where you been? LOL! 🤦

Not since the early nineties has RP had a good cigar. Too many, too soon, and not enough QC....I stopped smoking RP's...When the Edge first came out, they were fantastic....I would go to the beach, read a book and smoke an Edge Maduro.

I would forget where I was in about fifteen minutes....](*,)
Users browsing this topic