watchurai
12 years ago
On FF....anybody try them? Thoughts?
reckless
12 years ago

On FF....anybody try them? Thoughts?

watchurai wrote:


Similar to pipe baccy. I enjoy them =p~
danmdevries
12 years ago
Had one, was okay, said I'd try another and I think they'd make great sharing/trading/bombing gars because they're memorable.

How low is it hitting?

Edit: I saw 39.xx twice
hnixon12
12 years ago
$10 a stick...they are good, but not that good...overbid
frozenphoenix1
12 years ago

$10 a stick...they are good, but not that good...overbid

hnixon12 wrote:



They are hitting 39.60 for a 10 pack of the little ones... I'm gonna snag some at that price... there was an auction that closed at 49 yesterday.
danmdevries
12 years ago

They are hitting 39.60 for a 10 pack of the little ones... I'm gonna snag some at that price... there was an auction that closed at 49 yesterday.

frozenphoenix1 wrote:



I grabbed a bundle at 39.60. Already have a couple boxes waiting to ship, so figured I'd toss these in as well.
spectresquad
12 years ago

$10 a stick...they are good, but not that good...overbid

hnixon12 wrote:




Holy Carp! 😕 I thought I wanted to try one but not at that price. I got cats to feed.

frozenphoenix1
12 years ago
At 39.60, they are coming in at under $4 a cigar before shipping... I'm giving them a try, since I have other stuff coming as well.
shaun341
12 years ago
I saw they have a KFC flying pig coming at ipcr or whatever it is called. I have not tried any of the KFC, Spectre, or Leccia cigars and I doubt I will be purchasing any but you never know.
watchurai
12 years ago
Thanks for the replies. Are they flavored, other than the "fired cured" effect?
danmdevries
12 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Are they flavored, other than the "fired cured" effect?

watchurai wrote:



Nope.

And even that was a lot more subtle than I anticipated.

Pull the cello off and it smells like a campfire but after lighting it, that died down and it had some "different" flavors, nothing bad, but nothing that I'd associate with the campfire smell I noticed upon unwrapping.

I've only had these smaller baitfish size ones too (the ones in the auction), so I can't really sya how the bigger sizes are.

ETA: I had a Fat Molly in my humidor, sounds like a good time to try it out.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
It is similar to English Oriental or Latakia pipe tobacco. The campfire taste is much more pronounced in the KFC compared to the Leccia black. For what it's worth the bait fish size is the only 1 I would consider purchasing. Any bigger and its just too much campfire for me. If you haven't tried one I don't know if I would buy a 10 pack to be honest with you. My. 02¢
Ndill
12 years ago
If anyone wants a fiver of fat Molly let me know. Could use a few wallet candelas.
danmdevries
12 years ago

It is similar to English Oriental or Latakia pipe tobacco. The campfire taste is much more pronounced in the KFC compared to the Leccia black. For what it's worth the bait fish size is the only 1 I would consider purchasing. Any bigger and its just too much campfire for me. If you haven't tried one I don't know if I would buy a 10 pack to be honest with you. My. 02¢

ZRX1200 wrote:



The ones in the auction are the little cigars.

Im smoking a fat Molly now and the smokiness is much more apparent. Its good, definitely different. Ill have to wait till the end to decide if I would want another. Only 15 minutes into this one.

Edit update: I won't be buying another.
nolen
12 years ago
I had a Fat Molly and that satisfied my curiosity. I would not recommend storing them with other sticks.
watchurai
12 years ago
Thanks for all the input fellas.ZRX do you think these are similar to the leccia black? I just torched one of those robusto last night and wasn't terribly impressed. I will give it a second shot, but something tells me I will have three leccia black to trade out shortly.
kombat96
12 years ago
Jonathan Drew
Kentucky Fire Cured "Flying Pig" was released in Kentucky last week. The event was held with a local respected retailer in Louisville, which made the impact of the unveiling feel even more emotional for me ... The last few months I have been kind of quiet, very reflective. The release of the KFC-FP brought a lot of passionate feelings to the forefront - as the Flying Pig and the Kentucky Fire Cured seemed to meet at a mysterious crossroad in a personal journey ... Thinking about the thousands of people who's hands I've shook, emails I've read, messages I've responded to - what is it that we all have in common? An immense PASSION for the hand crafted art of premium cigars and our earnest cigar community. The K.F.C. Eagle and Flag represent our proud freedom to enjoy our beautiful passion. ‪#‎letsdoittogetherjd


Can you say, lame
kombat96
12 years ago
Jonathan Drew
Kentucky Fire Cured "Flying Pig" was released in Kentucky last week. The event was held with a local respected retailer in Louisville, which made the impact of the unveiling feel even more emotional for me ... The last few months I have been kind of quiet, very reflective. The release of the KFC-FP brought a lot of passionate feelings to the forefront - as the Flying Pig and the Kentucky Fire Cured seemed to meet at a mysterious crossroad in a personal journey ... Thinking about the thousands of people who's hands I've shook, emails I've read, messages I've responded to - what is it that we all have in common? An immense PASSION for the hand crafted art of premium cigars and our earnest cigar community. The K.F.C. Eagle and Flag represent our proud freedom to enjoy our beautiful passion. ‪#‎letsdoittogetherjd


Can you say, lame
shaun341
12 years ago
So lame you posted it twice

you know your going to get a bunch 9 boxes when they hit shpos
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Watchurai the KFC is heavier on the smoke taste and the Leccia black has better constuction IMO.
Users browsing this topic