bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
I've been smoking a couple of cigars a day and 4 on Thursday and 6 on Friday, well, yesterday anyway. I wake up this morning, Saturday, thinking... ok, that's it.. I need to slow down. So.. no more beer or cigars until next Friday.

Now here it is Saturday night. Get off in a couple of hours at midnight. And what am I thinking.... 🤔 Lessee... what cigars did I put in the humidor at the Vets Hall last week? I better stop in and check 'em out... Maybe just smoke one. Just one... No more than 2 beers... uh huh...

#-o
chazbo
12 years ago
Live it up🇨🇮
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Ok, rationalization time...

My Verona, my coolidor, and my tupperdor are all full... and I have more cigars on the way. Hence and therefore, cigars need to be smoked.

It's just good... uh.. you know... planning. 😰
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Well... I was able to ride right past the Vets Hall tonight! Giving my palate a break.

And, there were 5 or 6 bicycles out in the parking lot of the Vets Hall so I didn't want to stop in. Nothing worse than going into a bar at midnight with a bunch of loud drunk people.

🌫

mikey1597
12 years ago
Vets Hall = Biker Bar
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

Well... I was able to ride right past the Vets Hall tonight! Giving my palate a break.

And, there were 5 or 6 bicycles out in the parking lot of the Vets Hall so I didn't want to stop in. Nothing worse than going into a bar at midnight with a bunch of loud drunk people.

🌫

bs_kwaj wrote:


Well done!
You know when you're smoking too much......
There's all the usual indicators.....
If you make through the first day off......the second day is easier, etc.

The line between relaxing hobby and addicting habit can get blurred, and eventually smeared away if one is not careful.




(stepping off the soapbox)
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Palama
12 years ago
Wonder if Delta1 has seen the title of this thread and was as confused as me? "Mein" means "noodles" in Chinese so I thought you were debating between linguine or fettuccine. 🤦
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
No. No. It's the noodle between my ears!

[-(
T Z
  • T Z
  • Herf-A-Holic
12 years ago
you better smoke all of them before the polar icecaps melt and you drown
delta1
12 years ago

Wonder if Delta1 has seen the title of this thread and was as confused as me? "Mein" means "noodles" in Chinese so I thought you were debating between linguine or fettuccine. #-o

Palama wrote:




First thought was, "This is easy...beef chow fun, then seafood pan fried noodles...duh"

=p~
danmdevries
12 years ago
Suppose if you live somewhere with nearly perfect weather year round it makes that choice a little harder...

Here, a third of the time it's too cold, a third of the time it's too humid or raining, and the other third is barely close enough to acceptable. So, there's many days where it just doesn't work out.
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
^ In the 80's most of the time. Not always perfect though. We get the doldrums with no wind and temps in the 90s. And on a cold, rainy night it can get all the way down to about 76... ;-)

Today's conditions (not much different than any other day; oh, and this is at nearly 8:30 pm.)

Current Conditions

Temp: 82.2°F (27.9°C)
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 74.5°F (23.6°C)
Wind: ENE at 9 MPH
Pressure: 29.88" (1011 mb)
Sky: clear
danmdevries
12 years ago
We can go from no humidity and -35°F to 100% humidity and 105°F Sometimes in the same week....

Not really, but I do think we have some pretty extreme weather where I live. For example, last winter's low was -42°F. This summer has been mild so far, but very humid. 95% humidity and 85°F yesterday before it stormed. Right now it's 63°F at 0330.
Accuweather:
Humidity: 96%
Pressure: 29.91 in
UV Index: 0
Cloud Cover: 100%
Ceiling: 22084 ft
Dew Point: 62° F
Visibility: 3 mi

according to my home weather station it's 58°F and 95% humidity outside

Either way, too humid for a cigar. I tried yesterday but by halfway I couldn't keep it lit, and then it plugged on me.

To make things even better, I live in a swamp. I own the third highest property within a two square mile radius and sometimes the water still makes it halfway up my yard (when I bought my house it had 4' water in the basement) there's few houses around here with basements because of this. Even during the driest parts of summer, I still have a couple feet of water in the drainage ditches around the property, the land across the road from me is submerged, and we're humid as can be, and saturated with skeeters. We rarely drop below 80% humidity during summer.
danmdevries
12 years ago
Took a couple pictures of the yard at 0530 today. Went out for a late night or early morning cigar depending on how you look at it. Ill post to the picture thread once this cigar plugs beyond saving. Save for the local foliage, could pass for a morning in the everglades
Palama
12 years ago

First thought was, "This is easy...beef chow fun, then seafood pan fried noodles...duh"

=p~

delta1 wrote:



Minute chicken soft noodle or chicken wor mein when I was a soup dish.
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

when I was a soup dish.

Palama wrote:



You were a soup dish.... ?????


:-k



;-)
Palama
12 years ago

You were a soup dish.... ?????


:-k



;-)

bs_kwaj wrote:



#-o

"...when I WANT a soup dish" is what I meant to say.
Users browsing this topic