Rob Caldwell
12 years ago
Howdy All~

I recently moved to Stevens Point, WI from the west coast - although I'm sure they smoke cigars up in these parts - I'm having a hellofa hard time proving it! I googled "cigar shop" and the only hit that sounded like a cigar place was "The Stogy Stop" which did sound promising...

I found it, and headed for what looked like a walk in humidor - big smoked glass front - big cedar door- seemed like a safe bet. I got about half way to the door and the guy behind the counter stopped me and asked what I was doing... (huh) I mentioned that I'd like to look in the humidor - and he told me the only thing in there was a half box of Oliva's and his lunch... I wasn't hungry and I'm not all that fond of Oliva... so I left.

I'm not sure why I wrote all that crap, except to ask - are there any BOTL up in this neighborhood, and if there are - is there anyplace I can buy a cigar that doesn't share a shelf with a liverwurst sandwich? Although I have a full bottle of Blantons, I'm scraping the bottom of my humidor!

Although I'm certainly capable of drinking bourbon & smoking cigars on my own - the conversation is a lot more limited... actually, towards the end of the cigar (and bottle) the conversation does seem to pickup considerably.

Anyway, thought I'd poke the bush and see what pops out.

If you're still reading this ****e, you've either been drinking - or you have the patience of a saint...

SO - any BOTL around these parts?
wheelrite
12 years ago
There are several guys that post here that live in Wisconsin...

wheel,,
kombat96
12 years ago

There are several guys that post here that live in Wisconsin...

wheel,,

wheelrite wrote:


Nobody openly admits that though
fishinguitarman
12 years ago
I certainly don't!
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
I saw a car on the highway the other day with Wisconsin tags. His arm looked skinny so I drove up to see for sure. Either that was a rental car or there are still skinny people in Wisconsin. Crazy I tell ya.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Just actually read it all the way through. I guess I don't have the patience of a saint because I started to read it as I cracked, and from the bottle, drank some Hennessy. Good combo so far with this here first Herrera Estelli I am getting to know.
Abrignac
12 years ago

There are several guys that post here that live in Wisconsin...

wheel,,

wheelrite wrote:




None of which believe the Badgers will beat the Tigers tomorrow.
shaun341
12 years ago

None of which believe the Badgers will beat the Tigers tomorrow.

Abrignac wrote:




Did you see A&M spank SC who saw that.

Op I would have asked what's for lunch then.
frankj1
12 years ago

Howdy All~

I recently moved to Stevens Point, WI from the west coast - although I'm sure they smoke cigars up in these parts - I'm having a hellofa hard time proving it! I googled "cigar shop" and the only hit that sounded like a cigar place was "The Stogy Stop" which did sound promising...

I found it, and headed for what looked like a walk in humidor - big smoked glass front - big cedar door- seemed like a safe bet. I got about half way to the door and the guy behind the counter stopped me and asked what I was doing... (huh) I mentioned that I'd like to look in the humidor - and he told me the only thing in there was a half box of Oliva's and his lunch... I wasn't hungry and I'm not all that fond of Oliva... so I left.

I'm not sure why I wrote all that crap, except to ask - are there any BOTL up in this neighborhood, and if there are - is there anyplace I can buy a cigar that doesn't share a shelf with a liverwurst sandwich? Although I have a full bottle of Blantons, I'm scraping the bottom of my humidor!

Although I'm certainly capable of drinking bourbon & smoking cigars on my own - the conversation is a lot more limited... actually, towards the end of the cigar (and bottle) the conversation does seem to pickup considerably.

Anyway, thought I'd poke the bush and see what pops out.

If you're still reading this ****e, you've either been drinking - or you have the patience of a saint...

SO - any BOTL around these parts?

Rob Caldwell wrote:


I'm surprised you haven't had any help yet. I can offer none (live near Boston) but I love Blanton's so you're off to a good start.

I am anti google but have a freaky memory for stuff, pretty sure Terry Porter (ex-NBA guard) played at Wisc Stevens Point...
shaun341
12 years ago
Terry Porter you must be from Wisconsin to know that. Clyde the glide was the man on that team.
frankj1
12 years ago

Terry Porter you must be from Wisconsin to know that. Clyde the glide was the man on that team.

shaun341 wrote:


I swear I am from Boston, just have this freaky ability to recall stuff.

If asked, I woulda said Clyde Drexler played for Houston Phi Jamma Slamma in college!
Users browsing this topic