z6joker9
11 years ago
We have our tickets booked for next month. Anyone else done this before? Anything specific that I should definitely bring (or not bother bringing)?

I'll bring you all back something. Maybe.
TIGERCDW
11 years ago
Rocky Patel trip?

What was the Gurkha one sold out?

TIGER
sd72
11 years ago
I'd bring something to smoke.
jetblasted
11 years ago
z6joker9
11 years ago

I'd bring something to smoke.

sd72 wrote:



Hey now there are a couple I like.

PS we just had to pay for airfare, everything else is provided.
99cobra2881
11 years ago
Tour the dye room I hear it's cutting edge tech.
BuckyB93
11 years ago
I think Thunder Gerbil did one of these a few years back. Drew Estates, Padron... forget what one exactly but he can probably give you an idea as to what to expect.
wheelrite
11 years ago

I'd bring something to smoke.

sd72 wrote:


#-o 🤦

wheel,
ZRX1200
11 years ago
Ask him if he has any 09' Winter Blends left....
tonygraz
11 years ago
Try a Royale if you can and see if it's anywhere near it's 94 rating.
z6joker9
11 years ago
^I have already smoked through a box of the Royales and plan to buy another. I don't know about 94, but it was good.
rfenst
11 years ago

We have our tickets booked for next month. Anyone else done this before? Anything specific that I should definitely bring (or not bother bringing)?

I'll bring you all back something. Maybe.

z6joker9 wrote:



You going to FGM's Herf this year? I owe you for the PSD4 you gave me...
z6joker9
11 years ago

You going to FGM's Herf this year? I owe you for the PSD4 you gave me...

rfenst wrote:



Oh definitely going. Don't remember you owing me anything though, pretty sure I've smoked some of your cigars there!
dstieger
11 years ago

I'd bring something to smoke.

sd72 wrote:




That WAS pretty funny.

I make do ridicule RP sometimes...the smokes and the man. However, Rocky, along with a local tobacconist, fully sponsored a trip for a bunch of brothers (and a couple sisters) from local American Legion a couple years ago. Six months later, they were all still talking about the trip. Tremendous trip, apparently. Props to RP for supporting those vets and giving them a once in a lifetime experience.
rfenst
11 years ago

Oh definitely going. Don't remember you owing me anything though, pretty sure I've smoked some of your cigars there!

z6joker9 wrote:



So shall you again
z6joker9
11 years ago

So shall you again

rfenst wrote:



🇨🇮 can't wait
gryphonms
11 years ago
Sounds like fun. The royale's are good, don't know about 94 points. The Gryph rating scale is never again, mesh, hey not so bad, pretty good, really liked it. The royale was a really liked it.
ZRX1200
11 years ago
How many VSU's????
Thunder.Gerbil
11 years ago

I think Thunder Gerbil did one of these a few years back. Drew Estates, Padron... forget what one exactly but he can probably give you an idea as to what to expect.

BuckyB93 wrote:



Yup, Esteli Nicaragua; DE, Padron, My Father & JdN. I have heard that the RP tours are like a big party and a ton of fun, but I really have no idea what the specifics are. Generally speaking, you'll get to see how factories work, hopefully more than one since they don't all operate in the same manner, probably see the process from farm/field all the way through to packaging and maybe even get to blend your own cigars. Maybe they will show you a bit of the surrounding area and culture, I don't know. You're also going to smoke a lot. And by a lot, I mean "A LOT" - by the end of three days in Nicaragua, I probably could have crushed out burning cigars on my tongue and not even noticed.

Have fun!
cacman
11 years ago

Anything specific that I should definitely bring (or not bother bringing)?

z6joker9 wrote:


Bug Spray.
Buy bottled water.
Users browsing this topic