stinger88
11 years ago
Looks like in a little over a month I will be deploying once again. On previous deployments I didn't know about OPFTH. I would love to be able to hook up some cigars for my guys.

(I will be taking my 30 count traveldor). Anybody else have some good ideas for a humidor down range? I think I might just purchase a cooler online just before leaving and have it delivered to me down range. I might need to find someone that has mass purchased beads.

Oh the fun.

David
robertsccr5
11 years ago
Beads or boveda packs, tight seal tupperware and you should be good. As long as you have a continuous rotation it should be fine. It's not like you're aging in the tupperware.
dstieger
11 years ago
PM Schmitty and/or contact him via Facebook
mikey1597
11 years ago
I have a feeling you and your unit will be a "Special Project" of us on the boards.
namadio
11 years ago

Looks like in a little over a month I will be deploying once again. On previous deployments I didn't know about OPFTH. I would love to be able to hook up some cigars for my guys.

(I will be taking my 30 count traveldor). Anybody else have some good ideas for a humidor down range? I think I might just purchase a cooler online just before leaving and have it delivered to me down range. I might need to find someone that has mass purchased beads.

Oh the fun.

David

stinger88 wrote:




Pelican/hardigg cases. Most if not all are certified to mil-std-810f/g and as a requirement they are sealed "airtight/water tight" (typically not submersible but should work for you) with a pressure relief valve to hit altitude requirements when transported by aircraft. Should work just as good or maybe even better than your average tupperdor. Every system we've ever fielded contains some sort of transit case so they should be all over.

Is downrange a sand box or somewhere else? In the sand box, it is my understanding there are excess/damaged cases (with good seals still) all over the DRMO facilities that just had bad wheels, busted handles, or tore up inner foam. Some of my coworkers have had easy access to them in Afghanistan for coolers and other things while working down range. Clean em out, rip out the foam, and then air them out because that foam has a unique funky smell to it. Good to go

or you could always buy that super sweet gurkha spec ops box.
http://cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1930909/Gurkha-Special-Ops-No-1-Humidor-and-Knife-Combo-20/ 

PS what branch of the service are you in?
Edit: or i guess I could just read your profile. Whats your AFSC?
stinger88
11 years ago
13B, Air Battle Manager (AWACS). Yes, going to the sandbox. His will be my 7th time.
namadio
11 years ago

13B, Air Battle Manager (AWACS). Yes, going to the sandbox. His will be my 7th time.

stinger88 wrote:



My guys went to support CJSOTF-A (think the name has changed now). They would go raid the DRMO facility at LNK as they came in thru there or Bastion. I assume any large base is going to have a DRMO hut. Dumpster diving time!
stinger88
11 years ago
I will have to check on that when I get there. Maybe a cooler before I go and then possibly upgrade to a pelican while there. I was on the radio with the Bastion guys almost everyday when I was deployed to Kandahar. The previous three times I was deployed to Kandahar but not this time.
spectresquad
11 years ago
I have huge hardigg cases for the crew, besides my 40 ct Herf a Dors. I place Cigar box parts in the bottom of the hardigg, use foam between layers of cigars, and place Heartfelt beads in the Hardiggs, and Boveda packs on every layer of the Herf a dors.

If you have anyone near Mississippi, I will donate a huge Hardigg case that is bright blue. Hillbilly is storing 2 for me for our next deployment. all you need to do is go to your local shop and get a bunch of Cedar cigar boxes to break up for extra humidity control. They are the size of foot lockers, which by the way are great for humidors, your standard Hardigg footlocker with the same thing, cedar in it. You do not need the foam with grooves in it,get the lightest foam 1 inch thick from Walmart. It has to be a soft foam.

Do you have any connections in the MAT flight area? Or is there an AWACS group near central Mississippi that could transport to you?

Regards
C Green
stinger88
11 years ago
Thanks for the offer but unfortunately that sounds like something too big for me. If I find something like that already over there, I will jump on it. Sometimes we will go over on our jet but this time we are with going over on a rotator. Meaning I will be limited with what I can take. . Probably why I will start out with ordering a decent cooler and have it delivered to an APO.
youngra
11 years ago

Thanks for the offer but unfortunately that sounds like something too big for me. If I find something like that already over there, I will jump on it. Sometimes we will go over on our jet but this time we are with going over on a rotator. Meaning I will be limited with what I can take. . Probably why I will start out with ordering a decent cooler and have it delivered to an APO.

stinger88 wrote:



That would be the best start, then we need the APO, to pass on to OPFTH of course, so you will stay well stocked!

And thanks for your service 🍺 🍺 👍 👍

RY
🇨🇮
namadio
11 years ago

Thanks for the offer but unfortunately that sounds like something too big for me. If I find something like that already over there, I will jump on it. Sometimes we will go over on our jet but this time we are with going over on a rotator. Meaning I will be limited with what I can take. . Probably why I will start out with ordering a decent cooler and have it delivered to an APO.

stinger88 wrote:


Sams club had a 150 qt for like 70 bucks. That was best i found atound here. I bslieve they ship apo/fpo
stinger88
11 years ago
^^cool. I am a member.

Thanks youngra.
DrafterX
11 years ago
If you got a month we need to have a herf.... 🇨🇮
stinger88
11 years ago
DrafterX, send me a PM.
stinger88
11 years ago
APO address

(My name)
968 EAACS
APO, AE 09853
cacman
11 years ago

APO address

(My name)
968 EAACS
APO, AE 09853

stinger88 wrote:


Is this where to send now???

Will be happy to send the contents of the Rocket Box Pass directly to you instead through the OpFTH.

It's a contribution of over 70 cigars from the BOTL's here. Please send me a PM if there's other stuff that's needed, ie, coffee, sugar, socks, coffee, etc.
Abrignac
11 years ago

APO address

(My name)
968 EAACS
APO, AE 09853

stinger88 wrote:




Are you there yet? Have you aquiried storage?

I've got a box in the bottom of my tower with at least 30-40 smokes I was holding for the annual OpFTH. I'll dig through my stash. I'm sure there's more.
stinger88
11 years ago
I leave in a month. Not sure how long it is taking to get things over there. If you are able to hold of a week or so it would've best. However, if sent over there with my name on it, they won't f&$& with it. Sometimes rank works in your favor.
Burner02
11 years ago

Sometimes rank works in your favor.

stinger88 wrote:




Normally, only when one is present! [gonzo]
Users browsing this topic