GRB827
11 years ago
The stickem used to attach the metal plate inside my humidor isn't strong enough to stay attached and the Credo keeps falling on to my cigars. Does anyone know an adhesive I can use that wont affect my cigars or the cedar lining?
cacman
11 years ago
Use velcro strips.
ZRX1200
11 years ago
delta1
11 years ago
ZRX1200
11 years ago
Or just dump the credo mold trap and switch over to kitty litter.

PM cacman for intructions.
stogiemonger
11 years ago
+2 Velcro works.
themunmypaw
11 years ago
Mighty putty. Billy mays can't be wrong.
GRB827
11 years ago
Velcro seems like a wise choice.
delta1
11 years ago
yep: weighs a lot less, holds better, and is easier to replace than anything else.
Breakout3030
11 years ago
Try setting it up on top of the humidor. I did this and now I know the RH and temperature of my room while the HF beads keep my lovelies at a perfect RH of 65% inside the box. Works like a charm.
TIGERCDW
11 years ago
Lester Hayes had a problem with Stickum...now you.

WTF???????

TIGER
namadio
11 years ago

Try setting it up on top of the humidor. I did this and now I know the RH and temperature of my room while the HF beads keep my lovelies at a perfect RH of 65% inside the box. Works like a charm.

Breakout3030 wrote:



You make your own container or get one of the hf ones? Im going to make the bead switch in the near future.
danmdevries
11 years ago
First before you do anything else, throw that green moldy crap in the trash.

Next, buy a couple Boveda packs, can get 2 65% packs shipped for under ten bucks. Or order some HF beads. Bovedas are 100% foolproof though. (And can be recharged)

Bovedas can sit right on your cigars or you can get a holder for the lid of your humidor.

Personally, I have a nylon sleeve with a half pound or so of HF beads, and 2 Bovedas in my desktop. I've recharged the beads once or twice and the Bovedas have been fine for over a year. They absorb any overcharge on the beads.

I can't see any reason to use anything else. Especially not the floral foam mold factories.

In my large hybrid humidors (basically like a coolidor or giant tupperdor) I have a pound of HF beads or more, and 4-6 Bovedas. Same deal, recharge (overcharge) the beads, and the Bovedas recharge from that.

I have hygrometers in all, but dont trust them as much as I trust the Bovedas and beads. Unless its reading 50 or 80, no intervention required
Breakout3030
11 years ago

You make your own container or get one of the hf ones? Im going to make the bead switch in the near future.

namadio wrote:



I'm just using pantyhose. Fill them up with a half pound of beads, tie out of tight, and spray then with distilled water. Works great! I think I'm going to get a few Boveda packs as well to do like Dan mentioned above.
danmdevries
11 years ago
Hey noob OP.

Send me your address.
Users browsing this topic