Mr Roso
  • Mr Roso
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
11 years ago
For me - Psyko Seven. Very impressed with it.
Buddha Daddy
11 years ago
Montecristo Regata
sd72
11 years ago
Viva Republica guerrilla warfare
themunmypaw
11 years ago
H upmann banker. Probably my favorite new stick of the last year. New to me anyways.
Plowboy221
11 years ago
Leaf by Oscar, Maduro

charliebarr
11 years ago
Nirvana a newer smoke is it not?Newest I have liked that I tried....
jespear
11 years ago
New to me . . .
Asylum 13
Fallen Angel
Nirvana
charliebarr
11 years ago

New to me . . .
Asylum 13
Fallen Angel
Nirvana

jespear wrote:


The asylum is a tad strong for me....I think Illini gave me one..I did enjoy though

Anyone try the ogre?
delta1
11 years ago
The new stuff from Crowned Heads have been great. Headley Grange a few of years ago; Las Calaveras late'13/early last year; and Jericho Hill. The My Father Oro de Nicaragua is super. Just hope these cigars drop some in price though. At current price points, they are not everyday smokes, but special occasion cigars...
kip5166@gmail.com
11 years ago
MF La Antiguidad has been my favorite so far this year followed by the " new" Camacho Criollo. I also have grown to like The Reckoning by Studio Tobac and the GH 5V Miami as solid everyday sticks

Sorry , I know these are not elite, but **** it, I like em!

Kip
Mr Roso
  • Mr Roso
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
11 years ago

MF La Antiguidad has been my favorite so far this year followed by the " new" Camacho Criollo. I also have grown to like The Reckoning by Studio Tobac and the GH 5V Miami as solid everyday sticks

Sorry , I know these are not elite, but **** it, I like em!

Kip

[email protected] wrote:



The Reckoning is good but only after some rest.
Herfosaurus
11 years ago
The last cigar that caught me by surprise in 2014: Villiger Colorado. Medium bodied, Nicaraguan puro, made in the Plasencia factory. Great flavor, nice finish, impeccable construction. A good stick to start the day, from an unlikely source.

The first cigar to catch me by surprise in 2015: Buenaventura. You might need to hunt around for a brick-and-mortar that sells these, but the search is worth it. Another Nicaraguan puro that is IMO on a par with FDLA or La Antigueded, at much friendlier price points. Try the BV560, if you can find it ... #7 on CA's Top 25 a couple years ago.
vtxrecruiter
11 years ago
A.J. Fernandez New World. Best new stick...... and under $7.00 at my local B&M!
charliebarr
11 years ago

The last cigar that caught me by surprise in 2014: Villiger Colorado. Medium bodied, Nicaraguan puro, made in the Plasencia factory. Great flavor, nice finish, impeccable construction. A good stick to start the day, from an unlikely source.

The first cigar to catch me by surprise in 2015: Buenaventura. You might need to hunt around for a brick-and-mortar that sells these, but the search is worth it. Another Nicaraguan puro that is IMO on a par with FDLA or La Antigueded, at much friendlier price points. Try the BV560, if you can find it ... #7 on CA's Top 25 a couple years ago.

Herfosaurus wrote:



Got gifted a villiger on an order...Was pretty impressed. Good stick..med mild imo..good construction...decent taste ....I didn't think it was super complex......great stick for the buck
Buckwheat
11 years ago

Montecristo Regata

Buddha Daddy wrote:



These have interested me since they were released. How are they compared to regular Montes?
Buddha Daddy
11 years ago

These have interested me since they were released. How are they compared to regular Montes?

Buckwheat wrote:



Stronger than the normal line thus far as they don't have too much age on them, they are one year this month. I was quite surprised at the fullness of the smoke given my personal feeling about many of the Monte line, primarily the #2 which typically does nothing for me. I have seen some good reviews and several that folks said they didn't care for them but you know how that goes.

I'll throw a couple in the mail and you can give us your opinion, I would be curious to know what your take is.
Wunky
11 years ago
Liked Fallen Angel, didn't like Asylum 13. Didn't like Nica Libre. Tried all three for first time in past week.
charliebarr
11 years ago
The asylum seems a bit strong for me ...I do have nica libre but again just dont wanna try...

Nirvana my newer fave,and stick new to me the blue mountain....really decent smoke...Don't know anyone who has heard of though???
danmdevries
11 years ago
Jericho Hill
Wunky
11 years ago

The asylum seems a bit strong for me

charliebarr wrote:

I agree.. a draw starts out ok but has a weird harshness at the end

...I do have nica libre but again just dont wanna try...


Gonna let my other 2 sit for a couple of months and try again. Too "toasty" and "woody" for me.


Users browsing this topic