bassman45
11 years ago
Anyone try any?Worth the cost?:-k
cvstrat
11 years ago

Anyone try any?Worth the cost?:-k

bassman45 wrote:




I had one a few weeks ago. Overall I'd say for the money it was pretty solid. It looks and feels much like a padron, and I found the construction quality and burn to be just as good. Although mine did have a really sharp crease in the wrapper right near the cap, probably from being pinched up during the box press. It was rather annoying and took a bit of gnawing to kind of soften it up.

The flavors of the cigar evolved throughout the smoke, which I always enjoy. Maybe it's a bit one-dimensional at first light, but it really matures after the first 3rd. For around 12 bucks or so, it's a worthy smoke for sure. I would smoke it again.
bassman45
11 years ago
Thanks for the nice review,finally won a 5er last night and was curious. Now feel free to run up the price!🍺
delta1
11 years ago
Good flavorful smoke. Earthy, salty, savory, kinda like a mushroom broth to me, with a variety of other flavors coming and going. They are among the better new cigars I've tried this year.
ZRX1200
11 years ago
^ pretty accurate to me except I thought it was a one note smoke. I've only smoked the lonsdale though (3 times)
Bur
  • Bur
  • Herf-A-Holic
11 years ago
Had a couple as I developed my N00b palate and like 'em. Pricing sometimes suffer from the fan boy effect but one of my favorites.
cacman
11 years ago

For around 12 bucks or so,

cvstrat wrote:


WOW! For me that's way too much. Will stick with my Jericho Hills, Tats, Fuente's, and many others.
cvstrat
11 years ago

WOW! For me that's way too much. Will stick with my Jericho Hills, Tats, Fuente's, and many others.

cacman wrote:



Yeah I snagged it from a shop on the way home one day. Certainly worth it if you can get em a fair bit cheaper.
bassman45
11 years ago

WOW! For me that's way too much. Will stick with my Jericho Hills, Tats, Fuente's, and many others.

cacman wrote:

.
Got the belis for $34🍺
themunmypaw
11 years ago
Was just gifted one of the lonsdales, really looking forward to it. The box press on it is gnarly as heck.
nnightmar
11 years ago
Nice! I've gone thru 2 boxes of the Lonsdales. Pretty unique. Like a lot of the DE's put off lots of smoke. Medium bodied and a much better smoke than the JH (imho).
elRopo
11 years ago
On my want to try list. I was favorably impressd by the HE nats except for the fragile wrapper. Truly complex smoke with cocoa and spice on the draw and very long leathery finish.
Users browsing this topic