TMCTLT
  • TMCTLT
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
10 years ago


Has anyone ever smoked these? Another site has a great buy on a box of 60 pet torps....I was wondering if they'd qualify as a decent yard gar for mowing etc......
dstieger
10 years ago
Been a lot of years....

I used to get them at the local every visit. Best $4 cigar they sold. 60 ct cabs used to go for around 120 here. I smoked a LOT of these, but none in last 7 or 8 years
Mandoman
10 years ago
Smoked a couple boxes a few years ago. And yes, will do for a yard gar.
Not a bad smoke to keep on hand for mooches and noobs.
TMCTLT
  • TMCTLT
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
10 years ago


Thanks for taking the time fellas....appreciate it.

Sent ya's both the link in the event your interested!!

Paul
dstieger
10 years ago
Thanks, Paul. That is a great deal.....even if they suck now 🙂 I've paid a lot more for sucky cigars in the past

http://www.cigarbid.com/Forum/c/posts/159259/my-first-omar-ortez- 
shaun341
10 years ago
Haven't tried the maduros but I have an Original sitting my bro in law gave me and he seems to enjoy those if that helps at all.
tonygraz
10 years ago
Some people like them, some people hate them- I'm in the second group.
shaun341
10 years ago
I smoked that Original today while brewing and I thought it was solid smoke while I was busy but could sit for a few minutes here and there to enjoy it. Hear they go for around $2 which isn't bad imo
Mikekoz13
10 years ago

Some people like them, some people hate them- I'm in the second group.

tonygraz wrote:



Same here. (Finally I agree with something Tony said.🇨🇮 )
riverdog
10 years ago

Been a lot of years....

I used to get them at the local every visit. Best $4 cigar they sold. 60 ct cabs used to go for around 120 here. I smoked a LOT of these, but none in last 7 or 8 years

dstieger wrote:


Got a good deal on a 60 of these seven or eight years ago from a NC auction site that shall remain nameless. Very good for the disc course and dog walks. Got another 60 a couple of years later, smoked a few, gave up on em, gave em to a friend... not a really close friend.#-o
TMCTLT
  • TMCTLT
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
10 years ago
Well these arrived today.....and they look darn good, smell great...gonna ash one ROTT and see what's what.
I just can't imagine them not being worth a buck a piece....we'll see. I sure like the size!!!

Paul
KingoftheCove
10 years ago

Well these arrived today.....and they look darn good, smell great...gonna ash one ROTT and see what's what.
I just can't imagine them not being worth a buck a piece....we'll see. I sure like the size!!!

Paul

TMCTLT wrote:


Well that's for sure...............almost impossible to find a decent $1 yard gar these days.
TMCTLT
  • TMCTLT
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
10 years ago

Well that's for sure...............almost impossible to find a decent $1 yard gar these days.

KingoftheCove wrote:




Ashed one a bit earlier this evening and while it had decent flavor profile and burnt well... it @ the same time seemed a bit "young " all in all I'm not @ all disappointed in this purchase
Speyside
10 years ago
I bet a couple months in your humidor fixes a bit young. If that's all you noticed you made a very good purchase.
tailgater
10 years ago
If that's still a deal then PM me, please.
TMCTLT
  • TMCTLT
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
10 years ago

I bet a couple months in your humidor fixes a bit young. If that's all you noticed you made a very good purchase.

Speyside wrote:




👍
KingoftheCove
10 years ago

Ashed one a bit earlier this evening and while it had decent flavor profile and burnt well... it @ the same time seemed a bit "young " all in all I'm not @ all disappointed in this purchase

TMCTLT wrote:


Nice!
Maybe another report around Christmas to see if they've smoothed out?.......then we can all kick ourselves for letting this unicorn get away.
#-o
TMCTLT
  • TMCTLT
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
10 years ago

Nice!
Maybe another report around Christmas to see if they've smoothed out?.......then we can all kick ourselves for letting this unicorn get away.
#-o

KingoftheCove wrote:




Sounds about right KofC....will re-visit in about 6 mos. While not quite as cheap. they're still marked down to $80 in their " closeouts " which still makes them affordable....
Users browsing this topic