hinzna
  • hinzna
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
All my Botl,

It's been a long time. Things have not been well for my health, but I'm feeling like I can get back on the map. Thanks to be bsadler for the message.

Just wanted to say hi and I hope everyone is well. Hope all you azzhats have been smoking some good cigars!

Best,
Nick
mikey1597
9 years ago
hinzna
  • hinzna
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
Hey Mikey! Hope everything has been well.
mikey1597
9 years ago
roids are acting up but other than that, yep..... always glad to see a Brutha come back home.
mikey1597
9 years ago
Damn son, you have been gone a while..... Life is good?
hinzna
  • hinzna
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
Life is better now. Had a bad MS relapse but I'm on the mend, and getting hitched next year!

So, in short, I'm broke.](*,)
TMCTLT
9 years ago
Sorry to hear your having health issues, nice to see ya posting though 🍺
hinzna
  • hinzna
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
It definitely feels nice to start getting back in the loop!
frankj1
9 years ago
Hi Nick! been making any tomato sauce?
hinzna
  • hinzna
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
Hey Frank! I actually guided my fiance through my palomino recipe about a week back. It's getting to be the season for hearty eating!
jackconrad
9 years ago
PARTY ON !!🇨🇮 🌫 🌫
frankj1
9 years ago
send me your red sauce recipe...please!!!

so great to see you again.
hinzna
  • hinzna
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
Great to be seen! I'll send you mine, but do you one better. Find yourself a copy of Leone's Italian Cookbook by Gene Leone. I think it was written in the 60's, but there's still copies floating around. My grandmother,my mother, and now I use it as a base for a ton of meals and sauces. They referred to it as "The Bible". I still have my grandmother's copy with handwritten notes in it from her own variations!
frankj1
9 years ago

Great to be seen! I'll send you mine, but do you one better. Find yourself a copy of Leone's Italian Cookbook by Gene Leone. I think it was written in the 60's, but there's still copies floating around. My grandmother,my mother, and now I use it as a base for a ton of meals and sauces. They referred to it as "The Bible". I still have my grandmother's copy with handwritten notes in it from her own variations!

hinzna wrote:


I will follow your advice, oh pasta sauce sage. (around here, they say macaroni and gravy)
ZRX1200
9 years ago
I made spaghetti and meatballs tonight!

Good to see ya posting azzhat.
hinzna
  • hinzna
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
Good stuff!

Two tricks I learned when I was in Italy...

1. The perfect consistency for meatballs is 60% meat 40% bread.

2. If you're going to make homemade pasta, use a mix of normal flour and Semolina flour.
DrafterX
9 years ago
dat doesn't sounda like mucha meats in da meats-a-balls... 😟
jespear
9 years ago
Glad you're feeling better, Nick.
Welcome back.

jes
Users browsing this topic