bsadler
9 years ago
Hey guys,
I recently decided to buy a new humidor. I know a lot of people around here do coolerdoors and such but those are not options for me. I am looking for some thing at least 2x2x1.5. Per my wife it needs to look nice but I am mostly interested in quality.

Looking for suggestions maybe ones you guys have tried or know about. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am willing to buy a used one if shipping/transportation can be figured out.

Also looking to upgrade my humidifier. I have been using an oasis excel. Is there anything out that is better?

Thanks guys
ZRX1200
9 years ago
Get a wineador.
sd72
9 years ago
They don't really make cabinets that small. Maybe the Havana locker may be what your after. There's some nightstand humidors and coffee table set ups so you're not adding furniture. The wine fridge sounds like your best bet for size you mentioned, with temp and humidity control all you need is some beads for consistency if you're in and out of it often.
bsadler
9 years ago
That was the minimum size. Larger is fine and actually preferable as I have plenty of room. I am not really interested in a wine cooler I don't really care for the look as the room it is going into has a much more classic/rustic look.
mikey1597
9 years ago
classic/rustic = igloo
NoisyTutor
9 years ago
It took me a while but I waited on a tobacco shop to list one on craigslist. I had scoped several out and inquired about the possibility of them selling one.

Eventually I found a very nice one from a B&M that was looking to upgrade to a walk in.

Check around and check OLH. Custom mades carry a high price point but may also be an option if you are looking to spend a bit more.
jespear
9 years ago
I've had this humi for 6 years now and have NEVER had a problem with it. ( $499 shipped)

http://www.cigarbid.com/Forum/c/posts/597249/My-new-humidor- 

jes

sd72
9 years ago
Wow jespear is LOW.

On a serious note, they make that or a similar one without the glass as well. if your good with the search function, I am not, Crgpro has some pics of the coffee table style one if I'm not mistaken.
dkeage
9 years ago
I've got a club chair side for cheap, if you wanna drive to Sugar Land...

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/search/?q=the+club+chairside+humidor 
Buckwheat
9 years ago

classic/rustic = igloo

mikey1597 wrote:



+1 🌫
boileremt
9 years ago
Had two of the Tower of Power humidors and two Havana Footlockers for at least 8 years. Well, one footlocker got destroyed in a basement flood. But it was a great humidor until then.

Mandoman
9 years ago
Have one of these for about 7 years. I use beads exclusively.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/search/?q=montague 

I did a search and found it in your price range.
cameroon
9 years ago

classic/rustic = igloo

mikey1597 wrote:




YOMANK
NWStogie
9 years ago
I was thinking that converting a wooden gun cabinet into a humidor might be a fun project. I see them cheap on CL pretty regularly. Not quite your desired measurements, however.
ZRX1200
9 years ago
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/humidors/38621/indulgence-table-humidor/#p-21011 

This is what sdeve72 is talking about. Pro has 4 of these I believe, I had one and they're fantastic. Only problem is the lid is heavy, and if you open the lid while drunk you may ruin the hinge.......got mine HERE for $179
cacman
9 years ago
If your going for a cabinet, go big!
Just like the damn cooledors, it will fill faster than you know it.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humidors/38344/sovereign-cabinet-humidor/#p-150853 
namadio
9 years ago
Cabinet is definitely on my to do list. I filled my 150 qt cooler damn fast........
Herfosaurus
9 years ago
Mine is a cabinet style built by Bob Staebell (Aristocrat Humidors). His stuff is American made, expensive, and worth it. Maybe not what you're looking for, but IMO his Web site deserves a look. I've had my humidor since 2001 and it still works well and looks great. The engineering is first rate, and the finish is furniture grade.

bsadler
9 years ago
Lots of good options. Now I am more indecisive then before I got advice. Can I just have one of each of the above?
Users browsing this topic