Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Any TWD fans on here (graphic novel and/or show)? I am a huge nerd when it comes to both the graphic novels and the show. Absolutely love them! I have all three compendiums and the first volume after (25) and have the 26th volume on the way.

What do you think of this season so far? I am really enjoying it. Most of the shows are following the novels much more closely than previous seasons even to the point where some episodes are almost word for word...minus the swearing from Negan. As usual though, they are progressing through the story really slowly and adding a few shows that have nothing to do with the novels. That drives me crazy, but they have to string out the story as much as possible since they are nearing the end of what is written in the graphic novels. I haven't read anything in to it, but it should be interesting what they do once they reach the same point as the graphic novels. Do they just cancel the show, go out on their own tangents or get the upcoming story lines from the writers and use those.

As far as all of the seasons go, I loved season 1, really liked season 2 but 2-5 really fell off for me. I still enjoyed them enough to keep watching, but wasn't overly impressed (mostly because the put way too much time into the governor story line that didn't take up THAT much of the graphic novels. Season 6 was pretty solid and the first half of season 7 is probably my favorite season so far behind the first.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Wasn't there a resident zombiephile around here at one point? Willy something... pretty sure his wife left him and he ended up homeless... cautionary tale...
Gene363
9 years ago
My wife and I enjoy the show. We had not watched it until last year when our younger son convinced my wife to watch the show while we were visiting. Survival skills, firearms and ethics are all treated with interesting stories.

Both sons have read the graphic novel version, and prefer the original story. The producers have bowed to some viewer desires as well as series of hints and addition twists and turns to seek up interest. I have not read the novels so it's not a concern for me.

I also enjoy watching the companion show, Fear of the Walking Dead and Talk of the Dead as well.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
I also watch Fear the Walking Dead. In my mind it is only alright. I will continue to watch, but it doesn't get me as excited as the original. I've watched a few episodes of Talking Dead but I don't really have time to watch it every week.

Gene363 - You should read the graphic novels, they are fantastic. Way better than the show.
delta1
9 years ago
I was late to the game, started watching two years ago. Then kinda got turned off at the beginning of this season when Negan whacked Glen and Abe, the cigar smoker...

BTW: the actor who plays Negan, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, reminds me a lot of Christoph Waltz in The Inglorious Basterds. They are over the top and seemingly enjoying every minute playing the intellectual remorseless yet cheerful villain.
Carib1
9 years ago
A big fan however, the TV version hasn't been the same since Darenbont! Not close!
Users browsing this topic