KingoftheCove
9 years ago
focus on becoming a movie star............maybe???
yikes..........that was a beat down...
MACS
9 years ago
Again. Damn.
cacman
9 years ago
Cat fight.

Don't waste my time.
shaun341
9 years ago
I saw that coming last night when the fight was booked. Nunes is 10 times the fighter Holm is and strikes with bad intentions. The matchup was one that Rousey never had a chance.
KingoftheCove
9 years ago

I saw that coming last night when the fight was booked. Nunes is 10 times the fighter Holm is and strikes with bad intentions. The matchup was one that Rousey never had a chance.

shaun341 wrote:


Rousey has been waaaay too loyal to her camp.
Her striking has not improved one bit, and her her stand-up defense improved less than that!
The women's fight game, at the elite level, has simply passed her by.

I like a good cat fight.
I wanna see Nunes vs Cyborg..............but then again, with all the HGH and roids Cyborg has consumed for years, she might be half man by now.
jjanecka
9 years ago
It was no question, I knew just by looking at the card.
shaun341
9 years ago

Rousey has been waaaay too loyal to her camp.
Her striking has not improved one bit, and her her stand-up defense improved less than that!
The women's fight game, at the elite level, has simply passed her by.

I like a good cat fight.
I wanna see Nunes vs Cyborg..............but then again, with all the HGH and roids Cyborg has consumed for years, she might be half man by now.

KingoftheCove wrote:




True, she walked right into those first couple punches Nunes threw. I have a feeling she can not take a punch either. The look on her face when they land and when Holm landed a few gave me the impression she was never hit before.

Nunes vs Pena I think would be a good fight
ZRX1200
9 years ago
Rouse looked SO DAMN stiff, and she moved very predictably every time she got hit which led to combo hits. Nunes was so damn accurate with her strikes.....saw a funny meme in a pornhub frame "blond gets fisted by Brazilian lesbian"
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Also called this one. Complete domination by Nunez. She is Scary. She won't be losing the belt for a while. Nobody in that division stands a chance against her. Guarantee Rousey retires. She is a head case.

I was more pumped about Garbrandt winning the belt. He grew up about 30 minutes from me. I know people that wrestled him growing up. He looked fantastic last night. His fight with Dillishaw is going to be so good!
qmech
9 years ago
No one had a chance against Rhonda either... Then there was Holly . Rhonda is not past her prime physically. She is 29. Her coaches and her head needs an overhaul. ...
Q
KingoftheCove
9 years ago

No one had a chance against Rhonda either... Then there was Holly . Rhonda is not past her prime physically. She is 29. Her coaches and her head needs an overhaul. ...
Q

qmech wrote:


I don't know.
Went back and watched a few of her previous fights.
She doesn't have fast hands.....period. Not something that can be taught either.
IF she wanted to continue, she would need to completely change her style, and become more of a ground and pound mauler, which means her wrestling needs to improve, as well as her command of space and the ring.

As noted above though, I too am beginning to think she has a glass chin.............and ya can't have that if you're gonna rely on taking people down and mauling them.....you have to be able to eat a few punches.
She gets tagged once, and is already wobbly and punchy drunky.
shaun341
9 years ago
She is probably the most 1 dimmensional mma champ we have seen in awhile. If she can't hip toss you she can't do anything. Her coach is also judo specialist and she refuses to use anyone else even though the guy is a complete scumbag as well. She is done the sport has passed her skill level but it was fun watching her while she lasted.
qmech
9 years ago
King
I think she is finished as opportunities for advancement elsewhere like films are there. If she wanted to make a go first an overhaul in coaching and approach is absolutely necessary. Rhonda would also need to take on lower ranked opponents to test her metal before climbing back up. Still her Aura of invisibility is gone and I think psychologically she has lost her edge. But even as much as I disliked her cocky attitude, she put mma women on the map along with Cyborg... A fight I would like to see is Cyborg and Nunes...If one or the other is willing to make the weight.
Q
qmech
9 years ago
Or meet somewhere in the middle..
Q
qmech
9 years ago
Or should I say the overall picture gives a strong indication that Rhonda is done...not necessarily a question of being past her prime though I understand why many think differently concerning the latter...
Q
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Supposedly she is 50/50 on returning or not. If she does, they definitely need to pit her against someone that IS NOT a boxer and it in the lower half of the top 10. She needs some confidence if she wants any chance of returning to glory. I just don't see it though.
delta1
9 years ago
Tyson never recovered from the Douglas beatdown, which exposed a weak chin. His opponents weren't afraid of him anymore after that and were more willing to mix it up and hit him. Parallels Rousey's predicament...
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

Tyson never recovered from the Douglas beatdown, which exposed a weak chin. His opponents weren't afraid of him anymore after that and were more willing to mix it up and hit him. Parallels Rousey's predicament...

delta1 wrote:



I agree completely.
qmech
9 years ago
Good analogy...Tyson also became overconfident made bad decisions later on coaching and lost confidence .... He was a beast under the tutelage of D'Amato Fun to watch until the train wreck....
Q
Users browsing this topic