Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
What team(s) do you follow in the NFL and why? I am sure the why will be answered by where they live, but for me it isn't true, so I figured I would ask it.

Steelers - Started out a Browns fan as a small kid before I knew any better(I have lived in Ohio my whole life) but I have a ton of family from PA and an uncle I looked up to a lot as a kid so I switched my fan-dom to Pittsburgh. On top of that, I was always that kid/family member that liked to support teams that my family hated, so it worked out well for me.

49ers - They were in their hay day when I was a kid with Montana/Young, Rice and Craig. No clue how I really started liking them (speciifically), but I still follow them to this day.

I want the Steelers to win no matter who they are playing and want the 49ers to win as long as they aren't playing the Steelers. Also, since I have so much family that love the Brownies, I like to see them win as long as they aren't playing the Steelers or 49ers...although that has been fruitless since they returned to Cleveland. Despite saying that, I do still enjoy watching them struggle...it is complicated. ha

LetsRock
9 years ago
Jets here.....other than for where I live what other reason would I have? I wasn't even alive the last (and only) time they won the Super Bowl. I guess nobody can call me a front runner...haha

UGH!!!!
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
People have all sorts of reasons why they support a team....even if it is just because they are a front runner.
doeshin
9 years ago
Hail Hail Hail!!!
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

Hail Hail Hail!!!

doeshin wrote:



No clue what that even means....
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Steelers... grew up in san Diego.... no football watching in my house, didn't know much about it... 7th grade my friend fernie explained to me how the chargers were going to the super bowl because they benefited from a bs call against his team, the Steelers... i became a Steelers fan that day and never looked back....
dharbolt
9 years ago
I'm afflicted. Browns fan here. I can't remember when I wasn't and I can't remember what on earth made me one in the first place.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

I'm afflicted. Browns fan here. I can't remember when I wasn't and I can't remember what on earth made me one in the first place.

dharbolt wrote:



So how long do you think it takes them to be good again. Despite being a Steelers fan, I still listen to Cleveland sports radio, so I get to hear all the thoughts on the future of the team.

***As a note, I am an Indians, Cavs and Buckeyes fan.
RMAN4443
9 years ago

Jets here.....other than for where I live what other reason would I have?

UGH!!!!

LetsRock wrote:


Nope can't think of another reason....lol Patriots fan here.......brought up to hate the Jets












[sarcasm]
tailgater
9 years ago

Jets here.....other than for where I live what other reason would I have? I wasn't even alive the last (and only) time they won the Super Bowl. I guess nobody can call me a front runner...haha

UGH!!!!

LetsRock wrote:



Jet's fans have never been accused of being front runners.
In fact, they're known for coming up in the rear...

tailgater
9 years ago
Patriots.
Because, well, Steve Grogan
(not who you thought?)



delta1
9 years ago
Rams, because of Roman Gabriel, who was better than Grogan.
tailgater
9 years ago
Better? Perhaps.
But Grogan ate pukes like him for breakfast just so he could shat him out before the game.

SteveS
9 years ago
I grew up a long way from any big-league city, and had no regional loyalties in any sport ... my first football 'team' was the Forty Niners because they drafted a couple of my favorite college players, then the Colts and Giants because they were on TV a lot, the Cardinals and Dolphins because they drafted guys I went to college with and then the entire AFL because they played a generally more aggressive and wide-open style of game than the NFL did ...even after moving to CA, first in SoCal, then to the Bay Area, I was still more of a 'fan of the game' itself than of specific teams ...

To some extent, that remains true today ... the teams I favor are the Patriots and the Chiefs ... the Raiders lost me when they left Oakland and went to LA and the manner in which they returned, then the Niners lost me when their ownership, management and coaching choices threw any semblance of integrity to the wind ... but, both of them show some positive signs ... I like the current direction of the Raiders and hold out faint hope that the Niners will not only make good choices for a new GM and coach, rid themselves of the despicable Kapernick and re-build themselves into a decent team again ...

Buckwheat
9 years ago
Miami Dolphins since I was seven years old. It was their undefeated season that year and my aunt lived there and we went down to visit her that year. 🌫
dharbolt
9 years ago

So how long do you think it takes them to be good again. Despite being a Steelers fan, I still listen to Cleveland sports radio, so I get to hear all the thoughts on the future of the team.

***As a note, I am an Indians, Cavs and Buckeyes fan.

Hank_The_Tank wrote:



Not in my lifetime lol
doeshin
9 years ago

No clue what that even means....

Hank_The_Tank wrote:



it's hail hail hail, hail to the redskins... yeah. i guess no skins fan up in here.
doeshin
9 years ago

I'm afflicted. Browns fan here. I can't remember when I wasn't and I can't remember what on earth made me one in the first place.

dharbolt wrote:



Good luck with RG3. All the promise... hopefully he can fulfill them there...

As for fans of the Browns. A Browns fan is like a good friend of mine. He is a die hard Lions fan because of Barry Sanders... and I Told him. 'David, I think you picked the wrong life time to be a Lions fan buddy...'

But then if the CUBS can do it. who knows right?
LetsRock
9 years ago

Miami Dolphins since I was seven years old. It was their undefeated season that year and my aunt lived there and we went down to visit her that year. 🌫

Buckwheat wrote:



This makes me sad Julian........At least we still have the Rangers.
xibbumbero
9 years ago
Pray for me,I'm a Chargers fan. i've followed them since they were in LA. I sold Cokes in Balboa stadium where they 1st
played in Sandy Eggo. I had to open and pour each coke. I bought them for 20 cents and sold them for 25 cents. In an average game,I made between $20-$25. It was hard work walking up and down steps all day but I was young and didn't know any better.
I saw some crazy chit during my stint. X 🤔
Users browsing this topic