grmcooper
9 years ago
Ram what is your thoughts on a new loaded F150 with the twin turbo v6?

[ram27bat]
mikey1597
9 years ago
My 2 cents............... Driven both (own a '12 V-8 F150) and pulled with both, I like the V-8 better. Both drive great pulling or not but less schitt to go out with the V-8.
ZRX1200
9 years ago
TJ owns one I believe.
mikey1597
9 years ago

TJ owns one I believe.

ZRX1200 wrote:




Ya he does, so does my SIL
Abrignac
9 years ago
Can't help you Coop. I've got a 4x4 Lariat with a V8. BTW, the one with the V6, isn't that one that comes only pink?
mikey1597
9 years ago

Can't help you Coop. I've got a 4x4 Lariat with a V8. BTW, the one with the V6, isn't that one that comes only pink?

Abrignac wrote:




Why you think TJ drives one#-o
Ram27
9 years ago

Ram what is your thoughts on a new loaded F150 with the twin turbo v6?

[ram27bat]

grmcooper wrote:











Let me sleep on it..........[ram27bat]
danmdevries
9 years ago
Have a few racing buddies with them.

They love em, but report mpg significantly less than rated. Towing is fine, but holding higher rpm and towing mileage same or worse than v8.

If you mostly drive around town without a load, it'll be fine. But, I don't know the price difference between the turbos and the v8. If the turbo is a premium, it's gonna take a lot of miles for the mpg difference to make up for the price difference.
sd72
9 years ago
A coworker has one, i can tell you the GM 5.3 in the same platform leaves the turbo 6 in the dust.
dharbolt
9 years ago

Have a few racing buddies with them.

They love em, but report mpg significantly less than rated. Towing is fine, but holding higher rpm and towing mileage same or worse than v8.

If you mostly drive around town without a load, it'll be fine. But, I don't know the price difference between the turbos and the v8. If the turbo is a premium, it's gonna take a lot of miles for the mpg difference to make up for the price difference.

danmdevries wrote:



I can confirm the mileage is less than rated. I average 15.8 city highway mix.
Torque is rated higher than the v8 but less ponies. I like mine, though, mikey is right about less stuff to break on the v8.
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago
You should get a Dodge. Seriously.

MACS
9 years ago
dkeage has an ecoboost F150...
DrafterX
9 years ago

Let me sleep on it..........[ram27bat]

Ram27 wrote:





He wants to know right now..!! 🤣
grmcooper
9 years ago
grmcooper
9 years ago
I guess when the boss gives it to you for Christmas you shouldn't bitch
Users browsing this topic