Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago
FYI - just announced this morning

Sierra Nevada is recalling some bottles due to a possible glass defect that might have caused a chip to break off into the bottle during packaging. Estimates are that only 1 in 10,000 bottles are actually affected.

The recall applies to product purchased in the following Midwest, Southern and East Coast states: AL, AR, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI and WV.

Here's the link to more info from Sierra Nevada, including exactly what is being recalled and how to tell if your bottles are the ones at risk

http://sierranevada.com/qualitymatters 

It's only bottles and only the ones from the Mills River NC plant. If the date code on your bottle or box of bottles has a "C" in it, it's from Chico, CA and is not affected. The bottles with "M" in the code might be affected, check the link.
teedubbya
9 years ago
I eat glass for breakfast. Drafter does similar sans the "gl"
cameroon
9 years ago

I eat glass for breakfast. Drafter does similar sans the "gl"

teedubbya wrote:



while yodeling like he was in the Sierra Nevada mountains?
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
I bought 2 cases of
Sierra NEVADA beer during those dates....
Pale Ale
Hop Hunter

Still have a few left...too...

I THOUGHT MY BLOODY STARFISH
WAS JUST A...
Case of..

"RING OF FIRE"

Tronolane cures SIERRA NEVADA GLASS-itis
frankj1
9 years ago
I got an email from Trader Joe's about this.
Didn't even know they sell SN brand.
victor809
9 years ago
If you're in one of the good parts of the country they do
delta1
9 years ago
Notice CA is not on the list...must be the state mandate prohibiting chips of glass in bottled beer...
frankj1
9 years ago

If you're in one of the good parts of the country they do

victor809 wrote:


I am. A few sell beer/wine and some spirits near me.
I always find something there, good cheeses, good pricing on some staples, a few odds and ends to try...but ya gotta watch the sodium content on many products.

sorry for the hijack
delta1
9 years ago
Trader Joe's is great...wide selection of produce, packaged and canned goods, frozen foods, coffee and tea...all the staff were friendly, helpful, at the ones I shopped at. Unfortunately there isn't one nearby...
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago

Notice CA is not on the list...must be the state mandate prohibiting chips of glass in bottled beer...

delta1 wrote:



Industry rumblings are that it was a glass supplier issue. Chico gets their glass from a different plant than the NC brewery.
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago

Trader Joe's is great...wide selection of produce, packaged and canned goods, frozen foods, coffee and tea...all the staff were friendly, helpful, at the ones I shopped at. Unfortunately there isn't one nearby...

delta1 wrote:



I remember going to the original Trader Joe's in Pasadena in the 70's. A lot has changed, Aldi Brothers have turned them into a faux-gourmet frozen dinner stop. Produce is nothing special, beer isn't stored properly, canned goods are no different than you can get at any market, sometimes they do have good deals on wine and next to BevMo or Total Wine, their booze prices are very good, nuts and dried fruits are not that impressive in price nor quality. Other than that, all they are is a place to pick up tv dinners. The staff though, is always great. That is something that has endured.
delta1
9 years ago

Industry rumblings are that it was a glass supplier issue. Chico gets their glass from a different plant than the NC brewery.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:




For all the non CA members, Chico is not Groucho's brother, it's a city in CA where Sierra Nevada has a brewery.


teedubbya
9 years ago
I heard drafter loves chico stix
ZRX1200
9 years ago
Man I've been tempted to actually go to NorCal to get their regional release again......can't remember the name (cuz the deleted the damn thread.....) but damn it was good.
victor809
9 years ago
I am partial to trader joes. But that might be because there's one 4 blocks away.
ZRX1200
9 years ago
How do you measure that in ground based body fluids?
victor809
9 years ago
In my.new neighborhood that's barely any.

The old neighborhood the trader joes was like 10 dumps away... and that was a low number because it was heading up hill
DrMaddVibe
9 years ago

Man I've been tempted to actually go to NorCal to get their regional release again......can't remember the name (cuz the deleted the damn thread.....) but damn it was good.

ZRX1200 wrote:



I always look forward to their Bigfoot barleywine.
SteveS
9 years ago
Rumor has it that despite being on the list, there isn't any problem in MA, inasmuch as Bob Kraft, in an act of civic generosity personally drank all potentially problematic bottles this past Sunday ...
thurson
9 years ago

FYI - just announced this morning

Sierra Nevada is recalling some bottles due to a possible glass defect that might have caused a chip to break off into the bottle during packaging. Estimates are that only 1 in 10,000 bottles are actually affected.

The recall applies to product purchased in the following Midwest, Southern and East Coast states: AL, AR, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI and WV.

Here's the link to more info from Sierra Nevada, including exactly what is being recalled and how to tell if your bottles are the ones at risk

http://sierranevada.com/qualitymatters 

It's only bottles and only the ones from the Mills River NC plant. If the date code on your bottle or box of bottles has a "C" in it, it's from Chico, CA and is not affected. The bottles with "M" in the code might be affected, check the link.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:



If I wasn't golfing this morning I'd drive up there and give 'em a piece of my mind! [ram27bat]

...what little is left of it.
Users browsing this topic