bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
concat(x,y) = x * 10^(ceil(log_10(y+1))) + y

for x, y real and >0

lol, j/k, already confirmed it.

Found this, was interesting, figured I would post it for tf of it.
DrafterX
9 years ago
dstieger
9 years ago

😟

DrafterX wrote:



me too....

so I googled some of that mess and got this, which is pretty cool...with just four 4's (and a buttload of operators) you can compute to ANY number...



jjanecka
9 years ago
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

me too....

so I googled some of that mess and got this, which is pretty cool...with just four 4's (and a buttload of operators) you can compute to ANY number...



dstieger wrote:



Ya, that's what I found it on too, except it wasn't that youtube vid, it was a slashdot post linking to that youtube vid (which I didn't click... cause nobody ever RTFA).

(Slashdot is news for nerds).
victor809
9 years ago
Hmm... I don't have time to work it out. My first blush is that it would have problems with numbers starting with a 1 but I may be off here...

When I have a free minute and a calculator I'm going to have to try a few.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

Hmm... I don't have time to work it out. My first blush is that it would have problems with numbers starting with a 1 but I may be off here...

When I have a free minute and a calculator I'm going to have to try a few.

victor809 wrote:



It works for all positive integers.
victor809
9 years ago
Interesting...
frankj1
9 years ago
I am good wif words, these look like words, but I'm not good wif these words...

so, true?
corey sellers
9 years ago
Hmmm gotta think about this one

Alright I thought about


Now here is the normal answer I get when I ask what the hell did you do


I DON'T KNOW
corey sellers
9 years ago
But it looks cool
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

I am good wif words, these look like words, but I'm not good wif these words...

so, true?

frankj1 wrote:



There we have it folks.

It's true.
Abrignac
9 years ago
After you geniuses figure this out let me know. In the mean time I'm gonna have a few 🍺 .
Users browsing this topic