Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Anyone able to offer some advice on how to quite chewing tobacco? It is hard because in a way I don't want to quit, but obviously I don't want to end up with cancer, gum disease or losing my teeth. I have tried cold turkey and that didn't work so well. I tried the fake/non-tobacco junk and they were too terrible to continue. Tried the beef jerky shreds and that just ripped up my lips.
DrafterX
9 years ago

It is hard because in a way I don't want to quit,

Hank_The_Tank wrote:




Prolly won't happen then... 😟
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago

Anyone able to offer some advice on how to quite chewing tobacco? It is hard because in a way I don't want to quit, but obviously I don't want to end up with cancer, gum disease or losing my teeth. I have tried cold turkey and that didn't work so well. I tried the fake/non-tobacco junk and they were too terrible to continue. Tried the beef jerky shreds and that just ripped up my lips.

Hank_The_Tank wrote:




Mix it with Comet.
dstieger
9 years ago
I quit cold turkey.
Sucked bad for probably only about a week or two...I still got the desire occasionally for probably 3 or 4 years, but didn't waver. May have helped that I didn't use any other tobacco for years. I suspect that if I'd have been smoking cigars back then that it would have been harder for some reason....needed to make a clean break from the nicotine, I think.
Same with drinking....took a break for week...just to see how that would go...I'm on the same break after ...IDK...nearly 20 years, maybe?....good luck
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
have you tried smoking pot?
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

I quit cold turkey.
Sucked bad for probably only about a week or two...I still got the desire occasionally for probably 3 or 4 years, but didn't waver. May have helped that I didn't use any other tobacco for years. I suspect that if I'd have been smoking cigars back then that it would have been harder for some reason....needed to make a clean break from the nicotine, I think.
Same with drinking....took a break for week...just to see how that would go...I'm on the same break after ...IDK...nearly 20 years, maybe?....good luck

dstieger wrote:



Thanks, may just have to try the cold turkey thing again.
dstieger
9 years ago

have you tried smoking pot?

opelmanta1900 wrote:

LOL!!! 🙂
RMAN4443
9 years ago

have you tried smoking pot?

opelmanta1900 wrote:


I tried it, about 15,000 times.......still don't know if I like it, but I'm gonna stick with it until I can decide for sure 🇨🇮 On the plus side I'm not chewing tobacco,....... but I never did
mikey1597
9 years ago
Piss on your tobacco,,,, make ya think twice about putting it in your mouth................... maybe
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
GROW POT ON YOUR NIEGHBORS LAND.
DRY IT IN HIS ABANDONED BARN.
SELL IT AND BUY BETTER CIGARS AND
NICOTINE PATCHES....

are you a snuff- pinch guy?
A gay mouth packet guy?
Or a mail pouch wad of leaf guy?
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

GROW POT ON YOUR NIEGHBORS LAND.
DRY IT IN HIS ABANDONED BARN.
SELL IT AND BUY BETTER CIGARS AND
NICOTINE PATCHES....

are you a snuff- pinch guy?
A gay mouth packet guy?
Or a mail pouch wad of leaf guy?

Mr. Jones wrote:



A gay mouth packet guy. ha! I started a couple years back with the Camel Snus and randomly tried the Copenhagen Mint Pouches a few months back and haven't gone back. The Camel is only purchased now when I need to get some nicotine and can't spit.

The Copenhagen recall has killed me. Using Skoal Xtra Mint Pouches now.
dkeage
9 years ago

GROW POT ON YOUR NIEGHBORS LAND.
DRY IT IN HIS ABANDONED BARN.
SELL IT AND BUY BETTER CIGARS AND
NICOTINE PATCHES....

are you a snuff- pinch guy?
A gay mouth packet guy?
Or a mail pouch wad of leaf guy?

Mr. Jones wrote:




No kidding........
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Buy a good ecig. Mix your own juice, you'll have more money to buy better cigars.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

Buy a good ecig. Mix your own juice, you'll have more money to buy better cigars.

bgz wrote:



I actually have one. Can't stand using the nicotine in the juice though. Kills my throat.
NWStogie
9 years ago

I quit cold turkey.
Sucked bad for probably only about a week or two...I still got the desire occasionally for probably 3 or 4 years, but didn't waver. May have helped that I didn't use any other tobacco for years. I suspect that if I'd have been smoking cigars back then that it would have been harder for some reason....needed to make a clean break from the nicotine, I think.
Same with drinking....took a break for week...just to see how that would go...I'm on the same break after ...IDK...nearly 20 years, maybe?....good luck

dstieger wrote:



What ^dstieger^ said. My same experience.

Hankey, you strike me as a feller who finds it easy to talk, but tough to act. At least this is how your posts portray you. Consider what you're moving towards rather than mind-f#&@ing yourself about what you think you're saying goodbye to. Then, find your balls and man up. I know you have balls because you've shared that you have something like 372 kids. So unless they were adopted, you got 'em. And with 372 kids (and untold #'s of wives to bear them) your health matters to more than just you. Your inaction impacts them, too.

I like you. I've traded with you. I'm just getting tired of reading more of the same. You can change. We can't make you.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

What ^dstieger^ said. My same experience.

Hankey, you strike me as a feller who finds it easy to talk, but tough to act. At least this is how your posts portray you. Consider what you're moving towards rather than mind-f#&@ing yourself about what you think you're saying goodbye to. Then, find your balls and man up. I know you have balls because you've shared that you have something like 372 kids. So unless they were adopted, you got 'em. And with 372 kids (and untold #'s of wives to bear them) your health matters to more than just you. Your inaction impacts them, too.

I like you. I've traded with you. I'm just getting tired of reading more of the same. You can change. We can't make you.

NWStogie wrote:



Thanks, I was just looking for help on ways to quit. Not sure if there was something I haven't tried. Like I said a few posts back, gonna have to just quit cold turkey. My problem is that I have zero self control. I say I'm not going to buy another tin and then find myself in the gas station.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
BTW...in regards to my mental health...I have actually been doing pretty good this week. Fourth day without any significant issues. Not sure if it is the meds or just trying to have a different mindset. I'll take it either way.
Plowboy221
9 years ago
I've been quitting for two years now, have cut back some. Peppermint disc and butterscotch disc have helped l, have two cans left and gonna try cold turkey again. Good luck, they say smokeless is harder to quit than cigarettes.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

I've been quitting for two years now, have cut back some. Peppermint disc and butterscotch disc have helped l, have two cans left and gonna try cold turkey again. Good luck, they say smokeless is harder to quit than cigarettes.

Plowboy221 wrote:



I have never tried cigs, but I could see that. I have a tin and a half left. Gonna try to not buy again after these are gone (not going to waste them).
elRopo
9 years ago
Easiest thing I ever did, I've quit hundreds of times.
Users browsing this topic