tailgater
9 years ago
Or anyone who knows law.
Maybe just Massachusetts law.

My wife just received a subpoena.
Needs to go into Boston next week and carry all sorts of documents.

The subpoena had a tiny error:
The word "subpoena" was spelled incorrectly.
Across the top.
In bold.

SUPBEONA

And at the bottom, the notary public seal was not stamped or raised. It was just printed.


Is something fishy?
Or is this legit?



frankj1
9 years ago
ignore it. stay home.

On a scarier note, the IRS left me a voice mail today saying I was in biiiiig trouble...

maybe it would help if everyone I ever met called the number they left...503 662-6567. What could go wrong?
jespear
9 years ago
Seems simple enough to me.
Call the courthouse and see if they have your wife on THEIR subpoena records.
MACS
9 years ago

ignore it. stay home.

On a scarier note, the IRS left me a voice mail today saying I was in biiiiig trouble...

maybe it would help if everyone I ever met called the number they left...503 662-6567. What could go wrong?

frankj1 wrote:



I got an e-mail from Florsheim shoes... stating that my credit card was charged through paypal for the purchase of some shoes for $119.00.

I didn't purchase Florsheim shoes. So the e-mail conveniently had a "paypal" link I needed to log into... which I'm sure was no doubt a front to obtain my paypal info.
victor809
9 years ago
Am I thinking of something else or don't you need to be served a subpoena and sign something to prove you received it?
frankj1
9 years ago

Am I thinking of something else or don't you need to be served a subpoena and sign something to prove you received it?

victor809 wrote:


science!
frankj1
9 years ago

I got an e-mail from Florsheim shoes... stating that my credit card was charged through paypal for the purchase of some shoes for $119.00.

I didn't purchase Florsheim shoes. So the e-mail conveniently had a "paypal" link I needed to log into... which I'm sure was no doubt a front to obtain my paypal info.

MACS wrote:


at least they weren't them ugly azz shoes even OJ wouldn't wear.
victor809
9 years ago
On the up side it appears the goal of this 'supboena' is pretty clear. They have assessed your house and your and your wives habits and have assumed that if she has a court date the house will be empty at that date and time. Solution is simple... have her leave the house on that date ... you find a way to be inside with the car parked elsewhere. Kill them when they enter.
victor809
9 years ago
Or just beat them a lot with a crowbar.. depending on your comfort levels...
frankj1
9 years ago
comfort level is vastly underrated when murder is involved.
Good point, Victor.
KingoftheCove
9 years ago

Seems simple enough to me.
Call the courthouse and see if they have your wife on THEIR subpoena records.

jespear wrote:


^^this

madspackler
9 years ago
Might be a good time to retain a Lawyer just to get answers to your questions. As a former business owner, I have had the "pleasure" of being served many times. Often it is just a request for records pertaining to work or business practices. They do not always require you to appear if you can simply provide the records
burnem2
9 years ago

Or just beat them a lot with a crowbar.. depending on your comfort levels...

victor809 wrote:



Now this is the side of Victor I can be cool with!!!
rfenst
9 years ago

. Often it is just a request for records pertaining to work or business practices. They do not always require you to appear if you can simply provide the records

madspackler wrote:



This is correct.
The misspelling is inconsequential.
The subpoena should include the name and phone number of the lawyer or judge who subpoenaed her. have your wife give that person a call to see what's up.
Scan and em to me and I will look at it for you...
(no charge)
tonygraz
9 years ago

at least they weren't them ugly azz shoes even OJ wouldn't wear.

frankj1 wrote:



Hey, I have a pair of those shoes - the casual ones tho.
steveseidel
9 years ago

ignore it. stay home.

On a scarier note, the IRS left me a voice mail today saying I was in biiiiig trouble...

maybe it would help if everyone I ever met called the number they left...503 662-6567. What could go wrong?

frankj1 wrote:


IRS will come to your house, send you demand letters. But, the IRS will never call your house. All bull****. Calls are coming from overseas. I called them back after 5 of these threats and jerked them around for 57 minutes just to waste their time
steveseidel
9 years ago

This is correct.
The misspelling is inconsequential.
The subpoena should include the name and phone number of the lawyer or judge who subpoenaed her. have your wife give that person a call to see what's up.

(no charge)

rfenst wrote:


It's a scam. Forget it
frankj1
9 years ago

IRS will come to your house, send you demand letters. But, the IRS will never call your house. All bull****. Calls are coming from overseas. I called them back after 5 of these threats and jerked them around for 57 minutes just to waste their time

steveseidel wrote:


yeah, I kinda knew they don't leave threatening voice mails

posted the phone number for fun
frankj1
9 years ago

Or anyone who knows law.
Maybe just Massachusetts law.

My wife just received a subpoena.
Needs to go into Boston next week and carry all sorts of documents.

The subpoena had a tiny error:
The word "subpoena" was spelled incorrectly.
Across the top.
In bold.

SUPBEONA

And at the bottom, the notary public seal was not stamped or raised. It was just printed.


Is something fishy?
Or is this legit?



tailgater wrote:


ok Joe, time's up.
after coming here for legal advice, what have you decided to do?
Listen to the azzhats, or go with a real attorney, rfenster?
tonygraz
9 years ago
I heard he went out to buy some Florsheims.
Users browsing this topic