ZRX1200
9 years ago
I ❤ bourbon and could care less.

Drew Estates of bourbon.
jjanecka
9 years ago
PVW is stupidly hard to find already...
Burner02
9 years ago
Not for $1800 a bottle and that is before the gougers get their hands on it.
mikey1597
9 years ago
What a marketing scheme!
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Pappy Van Who? Seriously, $1800 a bottle, that is silly. I just spent $120 on a bottle of Johnny Walker Platinum 18 year and thought that was ridiculous. I can't imagine spending 10 times that...even if I was rich...
dkeage
9 years ago
I got my bottle of Pappy 20 yr from a friend on this board......As a gift!!!!









Thanks again Shawn. =d>
strikeanywhere
9 years ago
Shawn are you accepting new friends?
shaun341
9 years ago

Pappy Van Who? Seriously, $1800 a bottle, that is silly. I just spent $120 on a bottle of Johnny Walker Platinum 18 year and thought that was ridiculous. I can't imagine spending 10 times that...even if I was rich...

Hank_The_Tank wrote:




$120 for platinum is ridiculous, not that it is not the going rate but if it is like the Blue way overpriced imo. I got some of the JW Rye Cask for $25 a bottle few months back and like that more then the blue.


Oh and I forgot what the topic was but Pappy and Buffalo Trace anymore ridiculous with how they hold product back to make it more rare in order to raise prices. It is a marketing gimmick and the claims of shortages can't be true for every line they put out. Honestly the only Buffalo Trace product I like is the Sazerac anyways.
jespear
  • jespear
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

$120 for platinum is ridiculous, not that it is not the going rate but if it is like the Blue way overpriced imo. I got some of the JW Rye Cask for $25 a bottle few months back and like that more then the blue.


Oh and I forgot what the topic was but Pappy and Buffalo Trace anymore ridiculous with how they hold product back to make it more rare in order to raise prices. It is a marketing gimmick and the claims of shortages can't be true for every line they put out. Honestly the only Buffalo Trace product I like is the Sazerac anyways.

shaun341 wrote:



What about Elmer T Lee ?
qmech
9 years ago
Just three words .....Single Malt Scotch....someday Johnny fans will take a Walk to the other side and find what they have been searching for.😁😂😁.
Best
Q
PS SMS are very diverse....
Burner02
9 years ago

What about Elmer T Lee ?

jespear wrote:




Blanton's, E.H. Taylor Small Batch and Weller 12?
Burner02
9 years ago

Just three words .....Single Malt Scotch....someday Johnny fans will take a Walk to the other side and find what they have been searching for.😁😂😁.

qmech wrote:



Very true!
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

$120 for platinum is ridiculous, not that it is not the going rate but if it is like the Blue way overpriced imo. I got some of the JW Rye Cask for $25 a bottle few months back and like that more then the blue.


Oh and I forgot what the topic was but Pappy and Buffalo Trace anymore ridiculous with how they hold product back to make it more rare in order to raise prices. It is a marketing gimmick and the claims of shortages can't be true for every line they put out. Honestly the only Buffalo Trace product I like is the Sazerac anyways.

shaun341 wrote:



Ohio liquor prices suck. Not driving to another state to buy alcohol in order to save a few bucks.
05busa
9 years ago
WooHoo....i jus bought two!!
jespear
  • jespear
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

WooHoo....i jus bought two!!

05busa wrote:




Probably paid less than I did . . . A LOT less !

#-o
(Ya live and ya learn, I guess.)
namadio
9 years ago


Haha i hit my local up for it. Based on the super low bottle count I don't expect them to get more than 1. THey've been pretty douchey about LE and special releases lately so not expecting much luck.

By comparison the John E Fitzgerald release from like 16 months ago was a 375ml bottle of 20 yo SW juice aging at heavenhilll. They had 3000 ish bottles. Big red got 3-4 and supposedly the owner kept 3 and I believe they lottoed one with the pappy at xmas.

Based on the ORVW23 decanter set... I'd pay 1800 for this in a heartbeat.

May have to sell a vehicle to do it (maybe just a small atv) but if they offer it to me I'm in.

ON a relatedish note Ive got a guy trying to sell a **** 1 Gal bottle of 1969 Old Fitzgerald BIB for well under its current secondary value. I'm trying so hard to buy the **** out of it.
MACS
9 years ago

I got my bottle of Pappy 20 yr from a friend on this board......As a gift!!!!

Thanks again Shawn. =d>

dkeage wrote:



8-[

No thanks necessary, brother... As if you quietly accepted the gift. Your 'thank you' box of my favorite smokes was more than a thank you.
🇨🇮
Users browsing this topic