qmech
  • qmech
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
Hi
Has anyone tried Zip Lock weather shield storage as an alternative to cooladors just for storing boxes? There is a gasket seal mounted on the lid that looks like it might work.
Q
PS I am a bit concerned about outgases. I will have to do a bit of digging there..
SteveS
9 years ago
I've not used those specifically, but have used similar products with a different brand name ... they've worked fine
gummy jones
9 years ago
They are the best for tuppodores imo
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
Just BUY RUBBERMAID 48 quart Coolers
Refridgerator food grade plastic,
No outgassing.
jjanecka
9 years ago
Just stop eating beans and most of your problems will go away.
strikeanywhere
9 years ago
As long as its it your house and you have a good moisture source in there it doesn't matter. When I was a noob I used a run of the mill $5 storage bin with foam weather stripping as a gasket seal. Freaking thing was rock solid. I loved the hint of HDPE on the finish.
qmech
  • qmech
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
I appreciate the insight. I have a few cooladors but at a lower price point and less bulk the zip lock containers look promising.
Best
Q
qmech
  • qmech
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
Jjanecka beano for plastic containers....you might be onto something...
Q
Peckerhead
9 years ago
I can also vouch for these Ziplock containers Q.
The seal is fine, it's a removable blue foam.
No problems on maintaining humidity.
Readily found at Wal-Mart for cheap.

The smell you are concerned with is just a mold release. NO outgassing.
You want to remove the blue seal from the lid and wash everything with HOT soapy (Dawn) water and let it dry in the sun.
I used clean (I paint) compressed air from my shop to blow out the bulk of water that gets in the gasket.

Best of luck.

SteveS
9 years ago

Jjanecka beano for plastic containers....you might be onto something...
Q

qmech wrote:



beads work fine in those containers ... I've been using them for many years
qmech
  • qmech
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
^Yes I know... I was joking connecting jjanecka comments about beans and outgassing plastics...
Q
qmech
  • qmech
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
Peckerhead sounds good.
Q
tamapatom
9 years ago

Peckerhead sounds good.

qmech wrote:


I think i'll stick to coffee this morning.
qmech
  • qmech
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
9 years ago
bassman45
9 years ago

I think i'll stick to coffee this morning.

tamapatom wrote:



+1 lol
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
Follow post #4 ..

you cheap prick.. :)

Or enjoy the HDPE "finish" mentioned in #6
RMAN4443
9 years ago

Peckerhead sounds good.
Q

qmech wrote:


Different strokes I guess 🤔



[sarcasm]
DrMaddVibe
9 years ago

Hi
Has anyone tried Zip Lock weather shield storage as an alternative to cooladors just for storing boxes? There is a gasket seal mounted on the lid that looks like it might work.
Q
PS I am a bit concerned about outgases. I will have to do a bit of digging there..

qmech wrote:




No.
Stinkdyr
9 years ago
I use a bunch of empty large glass jars that seal very well.
[hug]
Users browsing this topic