Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Any other Survivor fans out there?

The wife and I are pumped about the new season. Lots of great players that we loved from past seasons.

We only watched half so we didn't see the second vote....but if Sandra wins this thing for a third time, all of the other players are idiots. I would vote her out first, no doubt.

If you watch, do you have any favorites? I am always pulling for Ozzie, but he always ends up putting a target on his back.

Should be a great season!
dstieger
9 years ago
I watched a few episodes many, many, many years ago. I thought the concept was cool...especially the 'surviving' parts. Wife and I tuned in to parts of two episodes earlier this year (or last?) Millennials vs X's, or something. The soap opera-ish drama made me ill...the only skills/wiles stuff was made up 'games'....when a real storm actually came to the island, they carted them all away to some safe haven....Next time I get the urge, we're just gonna watch Days of Our Lives reruns instead
deadeyedick
9 years ago
meh

I watched the very 1st one. They were given maybe a 5 lb bag of rice if they won a challenge. By the end most of the contestants had lost 10-15% of their body weight. Kinda real.

Now if they win they fly them off to a resort for a lavish meal with massage, wine, etc.
SteveS
9 years ago
Guess it wouldn't still be on the air if someone didn't like it ... for me, that show was old, tired and in need of being stricken from the air waves 10 years ago ... fact is, I'm not a fan of any 'reality' show programming with all their faux crises ... from Survivor to Dancing With The Son Who Used To Be The Daughter Of Someone Who Used To Be A Star, you can have 'em all ...
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Survivor is pretty much the only reality show we watch...and just love it. Some of the personalities of the younger contestants now are annoying, but it is still worth it to us. We have probably been watching for like 10-12 years. We hope it never ends...haha
dstieger
9 years ago
Only reality shows we watch are Shark Tank and occasionally Undercover Boss......oh...and Jimmy Houston and Roland Martin....I'd watch Mark Zona, but fn FIOS wants $8 a month for outdoor cable channels
teedubbya
9 years ago
It's still on?
dkeage
9 years ago

Cigarbid is the only cigar forum I frequent ..and just love it. Some of the personalities of the younger posters now are annoying, but it is still worth it to us....haha

Hank_The_Tank wrote:


Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
^^^That works too...haha
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
It is weird, I don't know anyone else that watches the show but they still get great ratings...obviously enough to do another season. People thought it was done a few years ago and it keeps chugging. I'm not complaining though.
SmokeMonkey
9 years ago
Mrs Monkey watches with great interest. I can take or leave it.
tonygraz
9 years ago
Reality shows are the original "fake news".
DrafterX
9 years ago

Reality shows are full of "fake boobs".

tonygraz wrote:




True. .true. .. 😟
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
So annoyed that Sandra's tribe did not vote her out...they had two straight chances. Why would you play with someone that has already won twice....if she gets to the end, she deserves the million bucks. Crazy people.
cameroon
9 years ago
EYE OF THE TIGER IS THE GREATEST SONG IN THE HISTORY OF HISTORY ITSELF
Speyside
9 years ago
Meh, never watched it, never will.
Users browsing this topic