chazbo
  • chazbo
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
I found myself in Cork, Ireland. A group of American tourist came in. One of the Americans said, in a loud voice " I hear you Irish think your great drinkers" I bet $500 no one in here can drink 20 Guinness in 30 minutes. The bar went silent, but the American noticed that one of the Irishmen was heading out the front door. No one took up the bet. 40 minutes later the Irishman that walked out earlier came walking back in. The Irishman says, " hey Yank is your bet still on"? "Sure says the American, 20 Guinness in 30 minutes for $500 bucks". "Grand" replied the Irishmen. "Pour the beers and start the clock" It was very close but he finished with 2 seconds to spare. "Ok" Yank pay up, said the Irishman. 'I'm happy to pay" said the American. "But tell me when I first offered the wager, I saw you leave. Where did you go? "Well sir", replied the Irishman. $500 is a lot of money for a man like me, so I went to the pub across the street first to see if I could do it🍺🍻🍺
Smoke a green cigar and drink a Guinness. Happy St. Patrick Day
frankj1
9 years ago
big day around Boston...good joke too.
Gonna have to get my hands on an Illusione candela 88 or 888, if not will "settle" for an AF flor fina version
chazbo
  • chazbo
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
I'm heading to the local tomorrow and try to pick up an Illuissone lancero🍀
The candela wrapper use to be big in the US back in the 50's & 60's
frankj1
9 years ago

I'm heading to the local tomorrow and try to pick up an Illuissone lancero🍀
The candela wrapper use to be big in the US back in the 50's & 60's

chazbo wrote:


forgot about the Holy Lance (?). Illusione's candelas are sooo tasty.
jjanecka
9 years ago
The last time I celebrated St Paddy's day I got thrown out a portapotty in the middle of taking a dump for cutting in line. Glad I did it because otherwise I would have crapped my pants; instead I got to shıt on the bouncer.
SteveS
9 years ago
St. Paddy's day or not, you can keep those candela wrappers ... those're as bad as the red and white dyed pistachio nuts we used to get from Iran ... both total crap
chazbo
  • chazbo
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
Good read on candela wrappers, Its not easy being green|News and Features-cigar Aficionado
The drying process is much different & wrapper aren't aged.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
I love candelas... used to push them a lot when I was at the shop... I thought the AB filthy hooligan was pretty good last year...
DrMaddVibe
9 years ago
tonygraz
9 years ago

St. Paddy's day or not, you can keep those candela wrappers ... those're as bad as the red and white dyed pistachio nuts we used to get from Iran ... both total crap

SteveS wrote:



Had to watch where you went after eating the red ones.
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
St. Patty's day is WORTHLESS nowadays...

Beers are WAY too expensive

Bars don't know how to make good corned beef and cabbage anymore.

Cameras everywhere you go...no more pranks or stealing stuff...

DUI - NAZI QUE BALL COPS ROADBLOCKS-checkpoints galore

TODAY'S SAINT PATTY's DAYS ARE NOTHING
LIKE THE ones from 1970's-1985...
TMCTLT
9 years ago

St. Paddy's day or not, you can keep those candela wrappers ... those're as bad as the red and white dyed pistachio nuts we used to get from Iran ... both total crap

SteveS wrote:




Yessir 🍺

One of THE most forgetful cigars I've EVER smoked was an Illusione candela lancero ( and I love a good Illusione
) not only did I find it to be an AIRBALL....it came undone as I smoked through it until I pitched it!!!!

I don't necessarily care for my beer to be green either...🌫
dharbolt
9 years ago

Yessir 🍺

One of THE most forgetful cigars I've EVER smoked was an Illusione candela lancero ( and I love a good Illusione
) not only did I find it to be an AIRBALL....it came undone as I smoked through it until I pitched it!!!!

I don't necessarily care for my beer to be green either...🌫

TMCTLT wrote:



I hate green beer what's the point? So you can crap green in the morning? Nothing they dye green is worth drinking anyway.
frankj1
9 years ago

Yessir 🍺

One of THE most forgetful cigars I've EVER smoked was an Illusione candela lancero ( and I love a good Illusione
) not only did I find it to be an AIRBALL....it came undone as I smoked through it until I pitched it!!!!

I don't necessarily care for my beer to be green either...🌫

TMCTLT wrote:


I really liked the Illusione 888 and 88 candela, but there's no need for green beer!
Disappointing to here of an unraveling airball from such a good maker too.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
That is disappointing Paul... but the wrappers on those things are incredibly fragile so not entirely surprising...

I have sold a lot of candelas to people who had never tried them and the response was overwhelmingly favorable, though there were certainly individuals who didn't care for them...

i was so confident in the filthy hooligan and the 858 candela, I would usually tell hesitant customers that i would knock a couple bucks off any other stick if they tried it and didn't like it...
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

I really liked the Illusione 888 and 88 candela, but there's no need for green beer!
Disappointing to here of an unraveling airball from such a good maker too.

frankj1 wrote:


100
- 10
90%

MACS
9 years ago

100
- 10
90%

opelmanta1900 wrote:



Had to be auto correct... Frank is wicked smahht.

Like a genius and stuff... s'what I heard.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
smart or not, he's responsible for his final answers... a 90% is nothing to be ashamed of... it's not going on the fridge, but it won't likely affect his final semester grade either...
frankj1
9 years ago
told all y'all a brazillian times...I'm good wif words, not so good wif...oh wait.
can't believe my flip phone has auto correct

Never mind.
qmech
9 years ago
In America today there are more Beer drinking victims than at any other time in all of our great history. People who either through intoxication or large beer bellies cannot reach their beer. Cold hearted conservatives claim drinking less or exercise is the answer. However we all know how these poor individuals cannot help themselves and need our support. To aid these unfortunate ones, we have Beer dispensaries that are manned 24/7 to help dispense such liquids to these victims. So that they can go forward living otherwise productive lives. Will you please send you support to drinkallotofbeer.com!!!
Best
Q
Users browsing this topic