opelmanta1900
9 years ago
For those who don't want to read much I'll summarize... water4.org is ending the water crisis by putting the tools to harvest water directly into the hands of the people suffering... and you can help... click here: water4.org/4/hundred-dollar-quickie

I'm looking for 20 people to donate $5 each... $5 and you'll be able to tell your grandkids someday, I was alive back when there were people thirsting to death and I couldn't do much about it, but I did what I could to end that problem and now it's not a problem anymore... you can donate here: water4.org/4/hundred-dollar-quickie

I've been inspired to raise money towards this project after listening to an MMA fighter named Justin Wren who actually left this country and lived among the pygmy's to work with them towards solving their water problems...

you can watch a great podcast here with Justin and Joe Rogan:


https://www.water4.org/fightfortheforgotten/ 

https://www.water4.org/what-we-do/ 

https://www.water4.org/4/hundred-dollar-quickie 

Thanks in advance for helping...
jespear
9 years ago
Joel.
I'll make a donation as soon as I find my wallet.


edit:
Wallet found. Donation made.
jjanecka
9 years ago
Rumor has it the entire Middle East is about to fall into ruin from lack of water.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
jespear - somehow I knew I could count on you... thanks a million!

2,000 Children under five years of age die every day from waterborne illness due to the lack of safe water, sanitation, and basic hygiene.... that means that every day 2,000 kids have diarreah from drinking bad water, which dehydrates them, so they have to drink more of the bad water, which gives them more diarreah, which kills them.... 2,000 children... every day...
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the worldโ€™s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does Godโ€™s love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

1 John 3:16โ€“18
DrafterX
9 years ago
No doubt it's a good cause.. but you realize there are peoples in our own country with no water too right..?? ๐Ÿ˜•
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
And more importantly, if we find out you're wrong can i count on your $5?
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Would you consider equally burdensome a) not having running water in your house and b) only having access to water that's deadly to drink, especially if you're a child? Or would you say one is the equivalent of having no water and the other is a temporary inconvenience?
DrafterX
9 years ago
Since the 1950s, their water has been poisoned by uranium mining to fuel the nuclear industry and the making of atomic bombs for the U.S. military. Coal mining and coal-fired power plants have added to the mix. The latest assault on Navajo water was carried out by the massive toxic spills into the Animas and San Juan rivers when the EPA recklessly attempted to address the abandoned Gold King mine.





ya... just a temporary inconvenience I guess... ๐Ÿค”
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
I'm not trying to minimize what the navajo are going through... it's horrible...

but they aren't having to make the tough decision between watching their child thirst to death or sh*t themselves to death from bad water... that was my point...

the reason I feel so strongly about 4water.org is that unlike the other charities I've seen that hand out bottles of water and religious tracts, 4water is actually solving the crisis... they're not putting a bandaid on anything and they're not pushing their agenda... they're building wells, they're building pumps, and they're doing it because it's the right and decent thing to do...

there's no reason anyone should be without basic necessities anywhere on earth...

as for you, you seem determined your $5 should go to the navajo and I think that's a noble gesture as well... people in need are people in need... you think they'll check your five for small pox?
tailgater
9 years ago
I can relate.
The place that delivers my groceries tried to switch Evian in place of the Fiji water I typically buy.
Not really a big deal, since it's only to water my plants. It's more the principle of it all.
So I know what it's like to have no access to water.

If only I had a valid ID...



DrafterX
9 years ago
well, obviously the pygmies mean more to Opie than fellow country men... starting to doubt he sees them that way now tho.. ๐Ÿค”
victor809
9 years ago
The woman only gives her dog bottled or filtered water.
I think the dog understands the plight of the pygmies and tail....
gummy jones
9 years ago

I can relate.
The place that delivers my groceries tried to switch Evian in place of the Fiji water I typically buy.
Not really a big deal, since it's only to water my plants. It's more the principle of it all.
So I know what it's like to have no access to water.

If only I had a valid ID...



tailgater wrote:



if you go green and filter the evian through a $100 bill the plants dont seem to know the difference, just dont use dasani
jjanecka
9 years ago
I really think it's a ploy to move indians off their reservations and force them to interbreed and be exterminated from mainstream society so that land developers can make money.
DrafterX
9 years ago
then they'll clean up the land and give it to the pygmies... ๐Ÿค
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

well, obviously the pygmies mean more to Opie than fellow country men... starting to doubt he sees them that way now tho.. ๐Ÿค”

DrafterX wrote:


You think native Americans are our fellow countrymen? I think they would disagree...

Regardless, in the heat of summer "fellow countrymen" casinos are the only indoor place to smoke a cigar around here and i gladly donate $20 or so when i go... so in the battle for donations between the Indians and the pygmies, the Indians have a clear lead...
DrafterX
9 years ago
Not all tribes have casinos.... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
Users browsing this topic