patrickh44231
9 years ago
If nobody has a spoken for referal to use. I would like to please sign up. Send me a pm. I know if you respond youll probably get flooded with tagalongs. Ive gone to multiple tat events and love the company and the direction it's heading and would love to help. I know the membership signup and referal is within a couple days so please consider it.
Thanks,
Patrick h. Harmon
[email protected]
shaun341
9 years ago
I did it for a year and thought it was ok but not worth the coin. All the deals and early notice on the monsters hit the social media spots first now and the one offs are done so there is little to no benefit of being a member anymore. Herf was cool though that they threw!

Oh and another thing, if you want to get Petemas or any of those offerings you have to be online all day every day while they are offering it or you will not get it. I had no chance at scoring a bundle of the Le Vignoble because I work during the day and can't be on the internet while working and Petemas basically same way.
kombat96
9 years ago
What's this saints and sinners?
patrickh44231
9 years ago
They're getting into specialty wine and bourbon now too
patrickh44231
9 years ago
I still think it's worth it. Basically a box and some swag that's nice. And some other perky things. And first dibs at loot.
ZRX1200
9 years ago
I'd spend the money on perky tits.
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago
Ooooh, pick me! Pick me! Pick me!
Hillbillyjosh770
9 years ago
Where do I stick the quarter in...
reckless
9 years ago

I did it for a year and thought it was ok but not worth the coin. All the deals and early notice on the monsters hit the social media spots first now and the one offs are done so there is little to no benefit of being a member anymore. Herf was cool though that they threw!

Oh and another thing, if you want to get Petemas or any of those offerings you have to be online all day every day while they are offering it or you will not get it. I had no chance at scoring a bundle of the Le Vignoble because I work during the day and can't be on the internet while working and Petemas basically same way.

shaun341 wrote:



Slacker... I got extras of the aforementioned, you low?
shaun341
9 years ago

They're getting into specialty wine and bourbon now too

patrickh44231 wrote:



The wine is around $150 after shipping for the cheapest bottle. I just went through one of the 2012 Encre. While good the price was not justified but I used it as a special occasion so that smoothed it over in my head. The bourbon is just barrel selected, which just about every major liquor store does now and puts an up charge on it because they selected it.


If you want the swag and cigars from the membership then yeah maybe $150 is worth it for you but if your looking for perks of being a member it's a waste of money. For me personally it was a waste because I wanted the perks and social media ruined that for members.


patrickh44231
9 years ago
That makes sense. Yes that is pretty pricey wow. I think the membership kit is worth it alone. I like the brand so I think it's something worth adventuring into.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
I might be in the minority, but of the special release tats I've had, didn't think they were much different/better than their standard lines.

I think the special bands make people think there's truly something special about the cigar, but I have my doubts.

I guess in my mind that makes them equivalent to their expensive wine, or expensive special select whisky.

IMO, almost all their broadleaf cigars more or less taste the same... also IMO almost all Nicaraguan broadleaf cigars more or less taste the same.
kombat96
9 years ago
Didn't you pimp me out for the Le vignobles over the pork chop at an event you didn't even know about?
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

Didn't you pimp me out for the Le vignobles over the pork chop at an event you didn't even know about?

kombat96 wrote:



No, I tried to get your pork tenderloins bro, they only let me pick one thing, they ran out of tenderloins before I got up there.

I gave away more of the Vignobles than I smoked, only have a few left. If you want one hook me up with your address, I know it changed :P

IMO, the vignobles aren't all that special.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Ya, was just thinking about that event....

I think that kind of left a sour taste in my mouth for tats.

First thing:

I had sh1t to do that day and they showed up 2.5 hours late.

They made you buy a 5er of regular production cigars before they even got there to put you on the list to buy cigars off the bus.

Then when they finally did get there, they only let you pick one thing, and the one thing it seems everyone was there for, they only sold like 3 bundles of them.

They kind of pissed me off.
reckless
9 years ago

No, I tried to get your pork tenderloins bro, they only let me pick one thing, they ran out of tenderloins before I got up there.

I gave away more of the Vignobles than I smoked, only have a few left. If you want one hook me up with your address, I know it changed :P

IMO, the vignobles aren't all that special.

bgz wrote:



Thats cause youre a noop and bought the second release.. First release were tiiiitays!!

As for other special releases were equivalent to normal release... the PC and PT were great, Noellas and Regios, the TAA line... yea you smoking something just not LE Tatuaje 🤐
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
All good dude, I get it, you're all up on Pete Johnson's D.

My pallet probably just isn't as refined as yous though, all the tat broadleaf cigars taste the same to me... I do like them mind you, but IMO with such a dominating wrapper, the filler doesn't really make a whole lot of difference.

(That's the ones people tend to rave about most).
reckless
9 years ago

All good dude, I get it, you're all up on Pete Johnson's D.

My pallet probably just isn't as refined as yous though, all the tat broadleaf cigars taste the same to me... I do like them mind you, but IMO with such a dominating wrapper, the filler doesn't really make a whole lot of difference.

(That's the ones people tend to rave about most).

bgz wrote:



My Father CBL is unlike any CBL on the market and its not about being on his D as its his blending ability to take the same leaves and with subtle changes completely change the cigar. I can agree they arent all home runs but 75% could be considered so.

As for my pallet not sure what to say there but if you sit down and smoke a TAA 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 (same blends pretty much with CBL wrapper) and tell me they all taste the same then yea idk... if you like RP edge then thats what you smoke bud 🇨🇮
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Well, I've had quite a few of the TAAs, good? Yes, better than Cojonu 2012 Reserva? Not IMO.

I actually prefer the Oliva MB3s over tats, not because they're cheap, but because I think they're better and they hold up for me better during a golf round.

Olivas tend to hold up better during golf than all tats, that's not my opinion, that's a fact.

I have a TAA11 waiting that I've been sitting on for a while, I'll smoke it tonight or tomorrow and see if it changes my mind.

The 2014, 2015 and 2016 didn't, I don't really expect the 2011 to either.

I have a legendary CQ1 ... but I'm actually looking forward to that one, as I really like Ecuador Sumatra wrappers, kind of hesitant to smoke it cause I know I'll probably never see another one.

I think both Oliva and LFD make a better broadleaf than Pepin... but from my understanding, broadleaf is more Johnson's thing than Pepin's thing.

One thing about those 2 companies though, is they're not constantly beta testing new blends on the public, so that's probably why my opinion is what it is.

Again, ever since that event though, I've been hyper-critical of anything tatuaje.
ZRX1200
9 years ago
Beta testing makes the target audience feel a sense of ownership that can't be overlooked. They're directly producing to the market demand......

Between Pete and DPG both I don't see a lot of failure to blend.....so there's that.

Reckless, I'll take all those vigs bro
Users browsing this topic