frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
just watched his story, Ryan Leaf, on ESPN...or at least the last half.

Very moving, find myself rooting hard for a guy who was just a pathetic punchline to me for years.

Learned something about me that may improve me as a human as well. I should never do that.

Speyside
9 years ago
Here I thought you made a noob mistake, but I'm not like genius.
frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
I was unclear what I should never do...meant assume another is a pathetic punchline. Lives are very real, and lots of things connect us
MACS
9 years ago
I saw that, too... and had a similar reaction.
DrafterX
9 years ago
Is that the 'pinch between da cheeks & gums' guy..?? 😕
RMAN4443
9 years ago
I saw this show too, and while I felt for him, it was mostly brought upon himself.........He bought into his own Hype and then couldn't live up to it.........he made the decisions he made and then had to own them
frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

I saw this show too, and while I felt for him, it was mostly brought upon himself.........He bought into his own Hype and then couldn't live up to it.........he made the decisions he made and then had to own them

RMAN4443 wrote:


no argument. I think he owns them now though.
DrafterX
9 years ago
They should do a show about Marcus Dupree.... 😟
dkeage
9 years ago

They should do a show about Marcus Dupree.... 😟

DrafterX wrote:


They have.....
tailgater
9 years ago

just watched his story, Ryan Leaf, on ESPN...or at least the last half.

Very moving, find myself rooting hard for a guy who was just a pathetic punchline to me for years.

Learned something about me that may improve me as a human as well. I should never do that.

frankj1 wrote:



I didn't see it.
So I don't know the angle they played.
But unless he was a former altar boy and born to mom who couldn't break da crack habit, I can't imagine rooting for him.

Too many "gifted athletes" are treated special up until the day when they aren't so special. And most of those kids aren't offered the millions that Leaf received.

Feel bad for those kids and let Cryin Ryan buy me two sh*ts so I can give 'em. Because right now I couldn't.

dkeage
9 years ago

They should do a show about Marcus Dupree.... 😟

DrafterX wrote:




http://www.espn.com/30for30/film?page=the-best-that-never-was 
Users browsing this topic