SteveS
  • SteveS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
I was shocked and surprised to realize that Monday came and went with no mention of the fact that it was what would have been the 100th birthday of President Kennedy ... of course, the press is pre-occupied with all things Donald but I still somehow might have imagined there would have been SOME mention of it, particularly inasmuch as it fell on Memorial Day ... or maybe it's because he wasn't liberal enough to suit those calling the shots in mainstream media today ...
Burner02
9 years ago
Did see it mentioned on AL.com but that was it.
frankj1
9 years ago
saw and read on Boston area media...
some stuff at the Kennedy Library in Dorchester
dstieger
9 years ago
Pretty sure that he's dead. Never much understood marking birth anniversaries of those alive, much less, those of the dead.
Speyside
9 years ago
He is a famous historical figure. He importantly stood down the Russians. He started the peace core. He should be remembered.
deadeyedick
9 years ago
Not a media darling anymore. His politics today would be much closer to Regan's than Hill's.
MACS
9 years ago

Not a media darling anymore. His politics today would be much closer to Regan's than Hill's.

deadeyedick wrote:



Indeed.
DrafterX
9 years ago
A month before Lincoln was assassinated he was in Monroe, Maryland.
A month before Kennedy was assassinated he was in Marilyn Monroe.


:-k
tailgater
9 years ago
It was all over the news out here.
Of course, I live in the town next to his so that might explain some of it.

Buckwheat
9 years ago
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The cult of personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
I've been everything you want to be
I'm the cult of personality
Like Mussolini and Kennedy
I'm the cult of personality
The cult of personality
RMAN4443
9 years ago
I saw several reports and a couple of 1/2 hour shows dedicated to Kennedy from birth to death.........one was pretty informative
Drafter, Good Job, you got me...................

A month before Lincoln was assassinated he was in Monroe, Maryland.
A month before Kennedy was assassinated he was in Marilyn Monroe.
This is a latter-day addition to the list and nothing more than a bit of salacious humor. Even as a humorous coincidence it fails the test, as Marilyn Monroe died well over a year before Kennedy’s assassination.

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/lincoln-kennedy.asp 
frankj1
9 years ago

Not a media darling anymore. His politics today would be much closer to Regan's than Hill's.

deadeyedick wrote:


and RR started as a "Kennedy Democrat".

times change parties a lot.

fwiw, the "lib press" Boston Globe had a big article, I believe Sunday, by former Globe writer Larry (?) Tye or Tighe...which many here would find amazing in it's defense of Trump's hirings and desire for secret back channels...the writer compared to Bobby Kennedy becoming AG and establishing contacts with a Russian diplomat (known to be a spy).

Pretty fair journalism.

DrafterX
9 years ago
I heard some stuff similar to that.. it may have originated from him... 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago
Stuff all over the major news networks. Even while half or full hour shows. Maybe just not fox?
teedubbya
9 years ago
I hate autocorrect
Gene363
9 years ago
JFK had Bobby in his cabinet, the media wouldn't be able to condemn Trump for hiring his family.
DrafterX
9 years ago
Carter had Billy too.... 😟
SteveS
  • SteveS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

Carter had Billy too....

DrafterX wrote:


Billy Beer ... no damn good, but it sure was popular for a while back then ...
frankj1
9 years ago

JFK had Bobby in his cabinet, the media wouldn't be able to condemn Trump for hiring his family.

Gene363 wrote:


I think the article pointed out that a few years later...maybe 1967, Johnson signed off on an anti-nepotism bill proposed because of the Kennedys

something like that,
gummy jones
9 years ago
saw a segment of college kids being interviewed and asked who said "ask not what your country can..."

the answers ranged from hitler and mussolini to some evil conservative, etc

Users browsing this topic