MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
So... Anthony and I were discussing this today. Our Morro Bay trip was so damn fun, we wanted to gauge interest in another fishing trip. San Diego... for Tuna.

Tuna season is here, but it's hit or miss right now. Best time to go and likely be successful is August to September. A guy at work is setting up a trip in mid August. I'd have to check my work e-mail to see the exact date, but I know the trip is on the Old Glory out of H&M Landing. Price is $215 for an overnight trip Which usually leaves at 9 or 10 at night... motors to the spot while you sleep... and you wake up to fishing, and return home at 7 or 8 pm. Last year, same time... they went with 11 and limited on 20-40 pound yellowfin. (5 each)

36 people, max, and this will be on a weekday, so likely less than that. They have a kitchen and a cook... meals are extra. They serve beer, snacks, water, etc. Fish cleaning is also extra, and so are tips for the crew.

Good news is... if you fly in, and don't want to tote your fish home... I WILL PAY FOR THE CLEANING. Right, Anth? But I get to keep your fish.
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago
"Tuna Fishing"... So you are booking a trip to Adelita's, eh?
DrafterX
9 years ago
There better not be any tuna screwing going on... 😳
frankj1
9 years ago
I'll bring the Hellmans!
DrafterX
9 years ago
freak... 😟
MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

I'll bring the Hellmans!

frankj1 wrote:



It's "Best Foods" out here... but whatever the name, it's #1.
frankj1
9 years ago

It's "Best Foods" out here... but whatever the name, it's #1.

MACS wrote:


yet another thing we have in common.

a friend tells me he coats swordfish with it before grilling. says it seals in the juices without adding mayo flavor.
MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
The date is August 16th, which is a Wednesday. We would depart at 9:00pm on Wednesday, fish all day Thursday, and return to the dock at 7:00pm on Thursday.
deadeyedick
9 years ago
Rent gear from H&M? Don't have anything but surf/bass rods. 🤔
MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

Rent gear from H&M? Don't have anything but surf/bass rods. 🤔

deadeyedick wrote:



I think rentals are $20. I have 4 ocean rods/reels, but when Tuna fishing, it's best to be prepared for small, medium, or large fish. So I'd have 3 set up that way just for my use.
DrMaddVibe
9 years ago

It's "Best Foods" out here... but whatever the name, it's #1.

MACS wrote:




It's the same thing...read the label.
MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

It's the same thing...read the label.

DrMaddVibe wrote:



That's what I said. Hellmans' there, Best Foods here... whatever the name is, it's the best mayo, IMO.
Users browsing this topic