Buckwheat
9 years ago
To all of the brothers out in Arizona be safe in this heatwave. Sounds crazy even for you guys. 🍺
DrafterX
9 years ago
ya.. but it's a dry heat... 😟
tailgater
9 years ago

ya.. but it's a dry heat... 😟

DrafterX wrote:



So's my oven.

bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
I was thinking about playing 9 today... it is a little toasty, probably wouldn't survive 18.
deadeyedick
9 years ago
Meh. I'm booked for 18 Wednesday. We tee off at 6:45 so we'll be off the course by 10:45 and the temps won't be much over 105-108 by then. When you live here you adapt your life to the 3-4 months of heat and get to enjoy the other 8 months of great weather.

It's how we roll.🍺
delta1
9 years ago
The hottest temperature I ever experienced was 120 in Laughlin, Nevada. My skin felt like it was being pricked by hot needles...
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

Meh. I'm booked for 18 Wednesday. We tee off at 6:45 so we'll be off the course by 10:45 and the temps won't be much over 105-108 by then. When you live here you adapt your life to the 3-4 months of heat and get to enjoy the other 8 months of great weather.

It's how we roll.🍺

deadeyedick wrote:



🍺
teedubbya
9 years ago
My dad plays 18 nearly every day in PHX. 75 and going strong.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

My dad plays 18 nearly every day in PHX. 75 and going strong.

teedubbya wrote:



Wish I could :(

I'm still a pup and have to work :/
teedubbya
9 years ago
My mom is pretty ill. Has been for awhile. He get up at 4-4:30 ish.... gets out plays 18 and is home before she is up. It's really his only outlet. Healthy as can be. Wish my mom was. He is an incredible man and caretaker for her. Never would have guessed the caretaker part, but if I become half the man he is I'm doing ok.
dstieger
9 years ago

The hottest temperature I ever experienced was 120 in Laughlin, Nevada. My skin felt like it was being pricked by hot needles...

delta1 wrote:



That sorta heat is truly memorable....I don't even mind the low 100's all that much...but up near 120, its another thing entirely...It hit 119 one day when I was in Oman...by that point on the thermometer, it doesn't matter much that its a dry heat.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

My mom is pretty ill. Has been for awhile. He get up at 4-4:30 ish.... gets out plays 18 and is home before she is up. It's really his only outlet. Healthy as can be. Wish my mom was. He is an incredible man and caretaker for her. Never would have guessed the caretaker part, but if I become half the man he is I'm doing ok.

teedubbya wrote:



That's good he gets to get out every day. Sounds like a good man. Sucks to hear your mom isn't doing well man.
MACS
9 years ago
I was in Fallujah, Iraq from May-Oct. in 2006. It was a little warm there.
deadeyedick
9 years ago
Back in June 1990 the temp here hit 122. I went out and ran my usual five miler but I was younger and training for a marathon.

Today I only went two miles and then the wifey and I went to play pickleball.
jjanecka
9 years ago
I wanna say it was a little over 120 degrees the time I rolled in from Vegas to Barstow. Good front porch weather but I sure as Hell wouldn't want to be out there building fence.
bassman45
9 years ago
As I get older finding it harder to handle the heat but it beats the heck out of working outside when the wind chill hits -40°.
jjanecka
9 years ago
Can you even stick your pole out to take a pizz in that kind of weather?
xibbumbero
9 years ago
It was 124 in Borrego Springs,CA. X 😱
xibbumbero
9 years ago

Back in June 1990 the temp here hit 122. I went out and ran my usual five miler but I was younger and training for a marathon.

Today I only went two miles and then the wifey and I went to play pickleball.

deadeyedick wrote:



DED is nutz,so what does he know? X 😲
frankj1
9 years ago

Can you even stick your pole out to take a pizz in that kind of weather?

jjanecka wrote:


not everyone, but yes.

Frankie Tripod.
Users browsing this topic