Hillbillyjosh770
9 years ago
My flip flopped foot was 3 inches from her tongue. She did all but bite. I was just trying to backwash the pool.

When I happened to look down. I seen pattern!!next to my ankle bone.
Bout 4ft Canebrake. She was nesting and pissy. Believe when I say rattlers can strike their whole length. And just as high. She had a go at me twice.

All the kids at church and cousins coming over to swim this evening.

They change clothes in the shed.

I did two step ups in mid air, Trying to have s go at it.
Good grief. Time for a smoke.

What is it about a rattler snake that makes my plaque start flowing.
Scared the fire out of me.
gummy jones
9 years ago
Pics or it didn't happen
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
At least you have something to throw on the grill now.
gummy jones
9 years ago
The kids!?!?
Hillbillyjosh770
9 years ago
Sent Combat photos via messenger. He can attest.

Vultures had it eaten before noon. They love snake round' hear.

It's all go till you about step on one.

It's smells like mussy snake on there. No telling how long she had been camped out in there.

I'm in there at least every other day. Doing maintenance. Little **** was brave.


Hillbillyjosh770
9 years ago

The kids!?!?

gummy jones wrote:



#-o
Hillbillyjosh770
9 years ago

The kids!?!?

gummy jones wrote:



#-o
deadeyedick
9 years ago

"Michael Seaburgh was in his backyard cleaning the pool when both he and his dog were alerted to the sound of a rattle coming from his pool filter, about 7 a.m. on Monday.

He saw his dog getting closer to the rattling sound, and that's when he made his move.

"I grabbed him by the collar with one hand and put my hand on his face or snout area because I figured if the snake is gonna snap out, it's gonna hit me instead of him. And it worked, it got me right here," Seaburgh said, grinning as he pointed at his right hand.

Seaburgh rushed to shelter his dog in his house and gave him treats before driving to urgent care. Three blocks down the road, he realized he left water running in the pool.

He returned to his home, gave the dog more treats, then shut off the pool water before heading back to urgent care.

"I was actually pretty calm, and I didn't freak out. It's like, why?"

It turned out his actions indeed saved the life of his 70-pound terrier, Maximilian."

I love dogs but I'm not going to take one for Fido.
Hillbillyjosh770
9 years ago

"Michael Seaburgh was in his backyard cleaning the pool when both he and his dog were alerted to the sound of a rattle coming from his pool filter, about 7 a.m. on Monday.

He saw his dog getting closer to the rattling sound, and that's when he made his move.

"I grabbed him by the collar with one hand and put my hand on his face or snout area because I figured if the snake is gonna snap out, it's gonna hit me instead of him. And it worked, it got me right here," Seaburgh said, grinning as he pointed at his right hand.

Seaburgh rushed to shelter his dog in his house and gave him treats before driving to urgent care. Three blocks down the road, he realized he left water running in the pool.

He returned to his home, gave the dog more treats, then shut off the pool water before heading back to urgent care.

"I was actually pretty calm, and I didn't freak out. It's like, why?"

It turned out his actions indeed saved the life of his 70-pound terrier, Maximilian."

I love dogs but I'm not going to take one for Fido.

deadeyedick wrote:



My dogs got street smarts, the don't mess with rattlers. Except for...

One of my dogs was bit in face. Killed him. Couple years back.


Second one next to house in under 12 months.

For every snake you see their are 3 you don't see.

West side of house, Kings snakes. East side... Always rattlers.

I'm gonna get stuck one of these days.

Anyone have cats they are wanting rid of. Let me know...
jjanecka
9 years ago
Canebrakes are no joke; they're a semi-exotic bred from cobra and snakes indiginous to the US. It's the only rattler that can't be tamed with traditional snake taming methods. In most places they're a protected species.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

My dogs got street smarts, the don't mess with rattlers. Except for...

One of my dogs was bit in face. Killed him. Couple years back.


Second one next to house in under 12 months.

For every snake you see their are 3 you don't see.

West side of house, Kings snakes. East side... Always rattlers.

I'm gonna get stuck one of these days.

Anyone have cats they are wanting rid of. Let me know...

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:




West side Kings, and east Side Rattlers...

They throwing up gang signs at each other from across the yard?
ZRX1200
9 years ago
Tie a panther martin on a short fishing rod. They'll strike the lure and eventually get stuck on the treble hook. ISIS the MFer.
gummy jones
9 years ago
Have you ever tried making snake traps?
I had one by the shed for a week trying to catch a copperhead

Not sure if not catching it is reassuring or troublesome
DrafterX
9 years ago
I'd take a snake bite for Frank if I needed to... 😟
Hillbillyjosh770
9 years ago

West side Kings, and east Side Rattlers...

They throwing up gang signs at each other from across the yard?

bgz wrote:



Regular funny farm around here.
Hillbillyjosh770
9 years ago

Tie a panther martin on a short fishing rod. They'll strike the lure and eventually get stuck on the treble hook. ISIS the MFer.

ZRX1200 wrote:



That's a durn good idea! I will remember that one.
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
I hate rattle snakes...
I shootem' on sight...same with copperheads...

Go find somewhere else to live....I SAY WHEN THEY'RE NEAR MY CABIN...

THEY HAVE THE ENTIRE FREAKIN' mountain to live on, why hang around my cabin?

THEY can cause permanent paralysis, crimping and phantom pain... I SAY kill'em on sight.

I leave garder snakes and black snakes alone,
They eat mice and bugs.
kombat96
9 years ago
I seen the pic.

My exact words..WTF


GLAD ALL IS WELL .



Crazy hillbilly
tamapatom
9 years ago
Spent a lot of time in the woods and rarely tormented by snakes. However, I once spooked a rattler as he was crossing in front of me on a trail through the middle of dense palmettos. He coiled up and started rattling a few feet off the edge of the narrow trail. Completely hidden in tall grass.

I figured I'd wait and let him get it out of his system and to mosey along, but every time I thought it was long enough wait, I would walk forward and hear the rattling again. This guy wasn't budging so I sat on a log, lit up a cigar and waited longer. I had no weapons of snake destruction on me so I was at his mercy to move along on his own. He never did.

I named him Bill. I was smoking a Kill Bill. Wishful thinking. Eventually I had to give in and take a 1/2 mile detour so I could get back to my car - because any short cuts would be full of more of his rattler friends as the trails were the only reasonable path to take.
gummy jones
9 years ago
Had a timber rattled flipping out in front of me while hiking

wasn't very big but the sound was chilling
Users browsing this topic