Ewok126
  • Ewok126
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
Guys and Galls, I have searched high and low and cant find this information no where so I am turning to the forums once again.

Ok I have bid on an item and currently hold a winning bid. Now, this item also has a quick buy option. The bid is so close to the quick buy price and the item amount is limited. So, I am now wanting to do the quick buy. Here is where I run into the question. If I should now hit quick buy while having a normal bid in is it possible I will end up with two of the same item (one quick buy and one normal bid if no one out bids me) or will it change my item I have bid on to the quick buy? I know I can change the normal bid and max bid but can I change that bid to quick buy? I hope that all makes sense, sh*t I am starting to confuse myself now.[frypan]

Thanks in advance ladies and Gents

Ewok126.
Speyside
9 years ago
You could be buying 2. The quick bid does not eliminate your other bid.
Ewok126
  • Ewok126
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

You could be buying 2. The quick bid does not eliminate your other bid.

Speyside wrote:


Thank You Speyside, I greatly appreciate the rapid reply. You just saved me $140 bucks. I owe you big time.

Regards,
Ewok126
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago

You could be buying 2. The quick bid does not eliminate your other bid.

Speyside wrote:



There is a way that it could, and that is if the QB quantity is limited to the number of items up for auction. In those cases, the QB takes precedence over the auction, and each QB will bump the lowest bid at that moment out.
Ewok126
  • Ewok126
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

There is a way that it could, and that is if the QB quantity is limited to the number of items up for auction. In those cases, the QB takes precedence over the auction, and each QB will bump the lowest bid at that moment out.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:




Thanks Thunder G, I had thought of that, sad thing is the other 2 that are bidding are the ones that drove the price up, I had changed my max bid a couple of times myself after I seen what was going on. Now the sad part is, I cant remember my place in line. Myself and one other person are in the running now and only 2 items left lol. I am not sure if it would bump him or me and we are both neck and neck on the amount and we both have in a max bid. So my thinking is just leave it and what happens happens. If it goes south I can just go down to my local shop and give them 30 bucks more and buy it there.#-o

Regards,
Ewok126
bassman45
9 years ago
Or you can just wait for it to come up for bid again.
Ewok126
  • Ewok126
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

Or you can just wait for it to come up for bid again.

bassman45 wrote:


You are reading my mind 🇨🇮
Users browsing this topic