ZRX1200
  • ZRX1200
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
jjanecka
9 years ago
Galveston oh Galveston! I still hear your seabreeze blowin'...
Speyside
9 years ago
Peckerhead
9 years ago
Not sure many know this, but before he became famous he was a great session player out in LA.
Netflix has a pretty good documentary called "Wrecking Crew" where you can see some brief footage of Glen.

RIP Rhinestone Cowboy
TMCTLT
9 years ago
[quote=Peckerhead]Not sure many know this, but before he became famous he was a great session player out in LA.
Netflix has a pretty good documentary called "Wrecking Crew" where you can see some brief footage of Glen.


Did not know that, will have to check it out


RIP
deadeyedick
9 years ago
He did sessions and played for the Beach Boys IIRC.

RIP
frankj1
9 years ago
It took me a while to appreciate him. In his last years, it was really nice to see his kids rally around and celebrate him.

RIP.
Peckerhead
9 years ago
^^ I'm assuming you've seen the documentary "I'll be me" ?

..which reminded me, so I wanted to mention this. Great documentary about Glen.
Any fans out there need to watch it.
Very touching in the end, as Frank mentions.
He was an amazing talent. Had a natural ear and gift for music.Helluva guitarist.

RIP
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
Say it ain't sooooooo????

DAMN!!!

I love his real early and middle career stuff....

When he got BRANSON AND DOLLY SAVED HIM from destitution ...he was pretty well S.P.E.N.T....

IF YOU LOVE GLENN CAMPBELL..

YOU
ABSOLUTLEY
HAVE TO WATCH ( on netflix) or rent the movie-DVD

"WAR ON EVERYONE"

Is is a GREAT ORIGINAL FLICK, AWESOME DIRECTOR, AWESOME SCRIPT, AWESOME ACTOR'S
DRY HUMOR AND SARCASTIC HUMOR...
TWO COPS AGAINST EVERYONE...IN
NEW MEXICO ??? forget the city..Albuquerque I think

*****ING most original movie in all aspects I have seen in 3 years ...bar none..
Oh yea, one cop loves GLENN CAMPBELL ...DOZENS OF HIS SONG'S THRU-0ut the movie
Buckwheat
9 years ago
Alzheimer's sucks. RIP
bs_kwaj
9 years ago
^

I participate in Folding@home.

Looking into why proteins fold badly.

Hopefully, the research they are doing will help find fixes for this stuff...

🍺
dstieger
9 years ago
Liked him well enough in True Grit. Couldn't stand most of his music, but I share the RIP and Alzheimer's Sux sentiments.
delta1
9 years ago
We watched his TV show in the late 60's and early 70's. Easy listening contrast to the rock n roll/British invasion/Detroit sound machine...RIP Mr. Campbell...
DrMaddVibe
9 years ago

^^ I'm assuming you've seen the documentary "I'll be me" ?

..which reminded me, so I wanted to mention this. Great documentary about Glen.
Any fans out there need to watch it.
Very touching in the end, as Frank mentions.
He was an amazing talent. Had a natural ear and gift for music.Helluva guitarist.

RIP

Peckerhead wrote:



+1 on the documentary.

RIP Wichita Lineman
JadeRose
9 years ago

+1 on the documentary.

RIP Wichita Lineman

DrMaddVibe wrote:





Yep. Heartbreaking documentary. I had a chance to see him on that last tour but I just couldn't do it. He was really struggling by the time he came to KC. I thought it would be too sad
ZRX1200
  • ZRX1200
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
I thought it would be cringe worthy (his last tour) and it may have been....but he did an interview on the radio and he knew what was coming and wanted to do what he loved.
Users browsing this topic