illinichaser
9 years ago
My son Alex is working towards his Eagle scout. As part of that he is planning to build a shed at our local church. The shed will be to support a garden the youth group has been growing where all of the produce goes to local food banks and missions.

To raise funds for the shed, he is organizing a BBQ cook off if you will. . . It will be at the church in High Point, NC. Basically, he is looking for volunteer competitors to provide a "BBQ dish". And then for participants to come out and do a "tasting" for a small recommended donation.

I'm pretty proud of the boy as he has done a lot of hard work to get to this point, and has chosen a project that really defines service to others(in my opinion).

So I thought I would do my part and get word out. If anyone is interested in more details, please PM me. I don't want to put to much out on the interwebs for all to see, but I know there are still a few NC brothers on here who might have some interest. . .
DrafterX
9 years ago
Very cool.. 👍
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
A VERY well thought out Eagle Scout project
INDEED...yes, you should be proud...
My buddy lives in Durham and his wife is a master gardener, both retired...but They only eat barbeque
And their not real big fans of it.

I really like the fact that all the produce is donated to the needy...great idea for a church vegetable garden.
The world needs more honest and trustworthy Eagle Scouts, your a good father, thanks for the post.
delta1
9 years ago
I'd jump in if I lived in NC...wishing your son and you the best of luck
illinichaser
9 years ago
Self promoting bump. . .



But after reading Anthony's story on his Poo date, I'm thinking maybe a gofundme page. . . 😂
Users browsing this topic