Palama
  • Palama
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago
Any quick thoughts on the other Blanton's expressions not available in the States (...I'm currently in Japan for a couple more days...)? Saw the green label 80 Proof for roughly $35US and another one (...don't remember the label color...) for about $50 but didn't pick them up. Should I go back and grab a bottle of each or just stick to the 93 Proof US release?
SmokeMonkey
8 years ago
I’ve got a bottle of Blanton’s Gold coming. The friend that placed the order and has then in hand says it magnificent. I think it’s a 103 expression - maybe barrel proof? Not sure. Based on that limited information , I’d say give one a try, Conan.
Whistlebritches
8 years ago

Any quick thoughts on the other Blanton's expressions not available in the States (...I'm currently in Japan for a couple more days...)? Saw the green label 80 Proof for roughly $35US and another one (...don't remember the label color...) for about $50 but didn't pick them up. Should I go back and grab a bottle of each or just stick to the 93 Proof US release?

Palama wrote:



I'd grab one of each.......no such thing as bad Blanton's
TMCTLT
8 years ago

Visited their friggin distillery and had no idea they made anything other than the Derby Juice w the horse racing corks!!

Agree with Ron...hell yes give them a shot.
Ewok126
8 years ago
Is this not a Buffalo Trace product? You know the ones that make Pappy Van WInkle and W.L Weller. Yep Get BOTH!
Mr. Jones
8 years ago
Just make sure you can get through customs on both ends without consfication...

People in "LOW PLACES WITH LOTS OF POWER" WHO HAVE **** DAYS...LOVE TO TAKE OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF...
then laugh about it at happy hour @ the terminal bar...
I have seen and heard this more than once...ABOUT 20+
TIMES AT LEAST!!! when I used to travel incognito( which is a lost art nowadays).

They also STEAL WHAT THEY TAKE...

JUST LIKE THE FBI-SSG DIVISION WHEN THEY ENTER YOUR HOUSE ON "SEALED PATRIOT ACT WARRANTS" WHICH ARE CARTE BLANCHE LICENSES TO STEAL WHATEVER THEY PLEASE ( WITHOUT TELLING YOU) AND KEEP IT WITH NO LEGAL REPERCUSSIONS.
robertsccr5
8 years ago
Blantons straight from the barrel would be one to get for sure. Barrel proof blantons. I have yet to try but I hear and imagine it being an excellent bourbon.
Palama
  • Palama
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago

Blantons straight from the barrel would be one to get for sure. Barrel proof blantons. I have yet to try but I hear and imagine it being an excellent bourbon.

robertsccr5 wrote:



Yup. Going to the big liquor store now. =p~
Palama
  • Palama
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago
SFTB - 8180 yen each

Bought 2. 👍
TMCTLT
8 years ago

SFTB - 8180 yen each

Bought 2. 👍

Palama wrote:




NICE!!!

Okay Conan...so how much is that in U.S currency?

I read a nice review on the STFB....here

https://modernthirst.com/2017/03/28/blantons-straight-barrel-928-review/ 
Palama
  • Palama
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago

NICE!!!

Okay Conan...so how much is that in U.S currency?

I read a nice review on the STFB....here

https://modernthirst.com/2017/03/28/blantons-straight-barrel-928-review/ 

TMCTLT wrote:



Paul, at today's exchange rate, it's $72.56 per bottle. We got our yen at a slightly lower rate so guessing it cost me a little over $73. Considering the cost of the OSB in Hawaii (...$60-65...), I probably should have bought 3 or even 4 of them. But still, very happy with the two I got.

In addition to the review you found, I came across this, which solidified my quest for the SFTB:

https://www.bourbonbanter.com/drink/drink-reviews/bourbon-reviews/battle-of-the-blantons-buyer-beware/#.WedAE9GRWhA 
Palama
  • Palama
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago
I should add that we bought other bottles of alcohol so it did limit the amount of available luggage space. If I run across a bottle or two at a Duty Free shop, I may be hand carrying them home. :-"
TMCTLT
8 years ago

Paul, at today's exchange rate, it's $72.56 per bottle. We got our yen at a slightly lower rate so guessing it cost me a little over $73. Considering the cost of the OSB in Hawaii (...$60-65...), I probably should have bought 3 or even 4 of them. But still, very happy with the two I got.

In addition to the review you found, I came across this, which solidified my quest for the SFTB:

https://www.bourbonbanter.com/drink/drink-reviews/bourbon-reviews/battle-of-the-blantons-buyer-beware/#.WedAE9GRWhA 

Palama wrote:





That IS a great read!!!!

Conan, hell that's not that much more than the US 93 proof version. What a bummer that it can't be had here in the states. 🌫
Users browsing this topic