DrafterX
8 years ago
A Virginia man who admitted to shooting a bald eagle and then running it over several times with an all-terrain vehicle was sentenced to a month of house arrest Monday.

Allen H. Thacker, 62, was also ordered to complete 100 hours of community service at an area wildlife refuge and to pay $500 in fines along with $1,500 in restitution.

A woman was driving on a road in Smithfield in March when she said she witnessed a man driving an ATV over a bald eagle, according to court documents.

The woman told authorities of the incident and the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries opened an investigation, The Virginian-Pilot reported.

Thacker pleaded guilty in July to violating the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act. He told officers he killed the eagle in March because he had seen the bird killing small game and eating fish on his property.

Thacker said the eagle was a “menace” and “too much emphasis” was put on the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, The Virginian-Pilot reported.

Thacker apologized to the court before being sentenced. He said his family has received a number of death threats following the incident.

“I am truly sorry for what I have done. I will not make the same mistake again,” Thacker told the court

Half of the fine will go to the woman who reported the crime while the restitution will go to the North American Wetlands Conservation Fund account


Film at 11... 😞



I bet he kneels during the anthem too... 😠
Burner02
8 years ago

“I am truly sorry for what I have done.

DrafterX wrote:




More like, I'm sorry I was caught.
DrafterX
8 years ago
true.. true... 😟
MACS
8 years ago
Circle of life, man...
Speyside
8 years ago
The punishment is not enough. 10 years would see more appropriate.
Mr. Jones
8 years ago
I thought the law was 5-10 years automatically?

Buttttt ,???

What's this "PAY THE REPORTER MENTALITY" THATS SO PREVELENT THESE DAYS?

THAT BEOTCH SHOULDNT GET A DIME, its her civic duty....
Put that money into eagle habitat restoration and EAGLE PRESERVATION management...

I called the FBI and saved entire TOWN, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE, $$ BILLIONS $$$ IN PROPERTY AND THE ENTIRE
CHESAPEAKE BAY....

What did I get $$$ ????

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!
IN FACT , THEY STOLE a million + bucks from my hut and GANGSTALKED ME FOR 5 YEARS...

THAT BITCH DESERVES.... Z.E.R.O. $$$
jjanecka
8 years ago
Jonesy is right about the civic duty thing.



But I still think he stole that money from the ssg.
dstieger
8 years ago

Jonesy is right ....

jjanecka wrote:





When's that last time you read THOSE three words.... together? :)

Jones, you shoulda saved a town that had eagles
TMCTLT
8 years ago

The punishment is not enough. 10 years would see more appropriate.

Speyside wrote:




Or @ the very least....shot in the a s s.......and run over by an ATV!!!! 🌫
Ewok126
8 years ago
During his community service he should have to service all the male monkeys at the zoo by hand with no gloves to help with the breeding program.
dstieger
8 years ago
oh jeeezzz...don't do that. TW will be running over eagles all over the damn place
Hank_The_Tank
8 years ago
People are dumb...
tamapatom
8 years ago
what was the ATV part about....was he tenderizing the meat for dinner?
DrafterX
8 years ago
dead eagles don't talk I guess... 😟
RMAN4443
8 years ago

what was the ATV part about....was he tenderizing the meat for dinner?

tamapatom wrote:


Temporary Insanity???:-k
MACS
8 years ago

The punishment is not enough. 10 years would see more appropriate.

Speyside wrote:



Or @ the very least....shot in the a s s.......and run over by an ATV!!!! 🌫

TMCTLT wrote:



It's a bird. A majestic bird, for sure, and our national bird... but it's a bird.

It's not even an endangered species bird. Last report was that bald eagles are again flourishing in this country.

So should someone get 1 year locked up for a pigeon? 2 years for a cardinal cuz they're pretty?

Good Lord... 🤦
TMCTLT
8 years ago

It's a bird. A majestic bird, for sure, and our national bird... but it's a bird.

It's not even an endangered species bird. Last report was that bald eagles are again flourishing in this country.

So should someone get 1 year locked up for a pigeon? 2 years for a cardinal cuz they're pretty?

Good Lord... 🤦

MACS wrote:





He's a human POS....there are over 300 million of us, we're NOT endangered either. Maybe it's just me but in this case where he had already shot it...but then felt it necessary to run it over many times....says to me he's one unstable SOB. How f'n dare that eagle eat HIS fish or wabbits!!!!!

ymmv
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
8 years ago
I don't think I could kill any bird of prey. I'm just fascinated by how they went from dinosaurs to the apex predators of the sky.

Amazing animals, we're very fortunate to live along side them. As long as we don't kill them, they'll probably still be here in one form or another long after we kill ourselves.
MACS
8 years ago

I don't think I could kill any bird of prey. I'm just fascinated by how they went from dinosaurs to the apex predators of the sky.

Amazing animals, we're very fortunate to live along side them. As long as we don't kill them, they'll probably still be here in one form or another long after we kill ourselves.

bgz wrote:



I'd never kill a bird of prey, either. I think they're badass. But I think 10 years of prison time is inappropriate to the crime.

Big fine, and 100 hours cleaning bird crap sounds about right to me.
DrafterX
8 years ago
Eye for an Eye I say..!! 😠
Users browsing this topic