moonman
  • moonman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
7 years ago
Everybody that has to be on the roads make sure you have Emergency supplies to protect against these deadly temperatures. Brrrrrrrr! That Black ice always leaves me White knuckled!
8trackdisco
7 years ago

Everybody that has to be on the roads make sure you have Emergency supplies to protect against these deadly temperatures. Brrrrrrrr! That Black ice always leaves me White knuckled!

moonman wrote:



Double Racist!
frankj1
7 years ago
saw a dog frozen to the side of a tree
8trackdisco
7 years ago

saw a dog frozen to the side of a tree

frankj1 wrote:



Was he a chili dog?
Mr. Jones
7 years ago
16 degrees with 30-40 mph wind gusts...3" of snow Monday,
Wind chill effect Makes it feel like -4 degrees...
In central PA...
WIND DRIFTING DRY SNOW over back roads...

People driving like complete idiots also...

I spent 6 + years in KENT OHIO w/ the the
"Lake snow effect" ...this current weather in Pa ... is a joke compared to Kent, 0-H-ten's winter storms...

Saw several frozen roadkills...no chilli dogs
delta1
7 years ago
had chili dogs a few days ago...wonder if they led to this diverticulitis...
frankj1
7 years ago

had chili dogs a few days ago...wonder if they led to this diverticulitis...

delta1 wrote:


was it made by Wendy Weiner?
DrafterX
7 years ago
Chili dogs are a gateway drug..?? 😕
tonygraz
7 years ago

was it made by Wendy Weiner?

frankj1 wrote:



I think I went out with her, or was it Susie Wendt. Tough to get old.
dstieger
7 years ago
KY governor is correct....above zero here and all kinds of businesses and schools closed this morning

"We're getting soft...the governor tried to qualify his comments, saying, “I do appreciate it’s better to err on the side of being safe.” But he also said he was “being only slightly facetious.”

Then he doubled down. “But it does concern me a little bit that in America — on this and any number of other fronts — we’re sending messages to our young people that if life is hard, you can curl up in the fetal position somewhere in a warm place and just wait until it stops"being hard"
Mrs. dpnewell
7 years ago
6 degrees here at 6AM this morning with wind chills in the negative numbers. Put on a pair of thermal undies and my insulated coveralls. Turned on the Heat Dish electric heater and sat down on the back screen porch and enjoyed full size La Palina as I watched the sun rise. It's the first time I've tried the thermal undies. They kept my core so warm that my hands never got cold. Usually I have to heat my hands over the heater every 5 minutes but not this time. I felt toasty for over an hour in that 6 degree weather.

Right now it's all the way up to 10 degrees. Seems to be warming up nicely, lol.

David
tailgater
7 years ago
It's not the cold I hate, so much as the whining about the cold.


Mrs. dpnewell
7 years ago

It's not the cold I hate, so much as the whining about the cold.


tailgater wrote:



When it's this cold, I usually prefer whiskey over whine.

David
tailgater
7 years ago
Related:

got into work today and the office temperature was at 61F.
Thermostat set to 71F.

Could not hear the heat (forced air).

I asked one of our engineers if the heat was left on overnight in the office (production runs 24 hours and is self heated from extrusion equipment). My thought was somebody turned it off and the temp simply hasn't risen yet.

The engineer came over, looked at the temp and set point, and proceeded to turn the set point higher.
😲


You all know me.
I'm a reasonable guy and allow for honest mistakes. :-"

But the dude is a freakin' engineer.

I thought the degree may trump his millennial status.
I thought wrong.

tailgater
7 years ago
Frank told me it was so cold that he saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.


itsawaldo
7 years ago
i didn't even try to get home Tuesday night, busses and trains were intermittent at best.
Chicago loop was a desolate frozen land on Wednesday.
Yesterday ended up walking to train, about 3/4 mile, as I missed the bus. The wind had died down so the worst was my glasses fogging! I tripped over a curb or possibly a homeless guy.
This morning in the far western suburbs it showed -25.
Did the "throwing the hot water in the air" thing, Fun to hear the water freeze.


tailgater
7 years ago
3/4 mile to the train?
Was it uphill?
Both ways?

frankj1
7 years ago

Frank told me it was so cold that he saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.


tailgater wrote:


that is a true story.
danmdevries
7 years ago
Zero degrees is pretty welcome feeling today. Was outside for a few minutes on a few occasions today and didn't regret it. Totally tolerable.

Monday's forecast is 50°F

That's damn near 100 degrees warmer than yesterday.

delta1
7 years ago
hearing all these weather tales, I can take all the SoCal bashing...
Users browsing this topic