Burner02
7 years ago
Oldest cub has one and says it is the greatest thing since alcohol and cigars.

Any of you azz hats have one?

namadio
7 years ago
If its like the instant pot its all right. Looks like ths one also air fries which i spose is nice. I've found the instant pot excellent for quicker stews, roasts, chili, and soups but its not as quick as it appears from the recipe or advertisements based on how long it takes to heat up and "quick" release or natural release the pressure. **** steams a mean hardboiled egg and a good stew in way less time than a crock pot.
Burner02
7 years ago
I have looked at several reviews with many favoring the instant pot and an equal amount favoring the ninja. Guess it comes down to the expected use and desired features.

Did speak to the cub again and found out that they had the instant pot prior to getting the ninja. He indicated that they use the ninja three to four times more than than they ever used the instant pot due to time savings in meal prep, He also liked the air fryer/ crisper feature on the ninja. Guessing he wants to keep the kids free range.
Mrs. dpnewell
7 years ago
Interesting. The wife and I have been considering a Instant Pot for making bone broth from pasture raised grass fed beef bones. We've been told it takes 2 to 3 hours compared to the 2 to 3 days it takes in a crock pot. We'll have to look into the Ninja as well.

David
RMAN4443
7 years ago

Interesting. The wife and I have been considering a Instant Pot for making bone broth from pasture raised grass fed beef bones. We've been told it takes 2 to 3 hours compared to the 2 to 3 days it takes in a crock pot. We'll have to look into the Ninja as well.

David

Mrs. dpnewell wrote:


I have an Instant Pot, and it's great....for most recipes you have to add about a half hour to the time they give, it takes 10-15 minutes to come up to pressure before the "cooking" timer starts, and then 10-15 minutes for natural pressure release...you can do quick release in a couple of minutes.
I made last weekends corned beef and cabbage in about an hour and 45 minutes minutes complete. I also made chicken and dumplings in about 45 minutes complete...you can also do all the sautéing and browning in the Instant pot, so for most recipes you only need to wash one pan. Here's a recipe for bone broth in the Instant Pot...about 3 hours...

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/269284/instant-pot-beef-bone-broth/ 

another plus is the Instant Pot is much...MUCH....less expensive.....other than that I'm pretty sure they function pretty similarly....except Instant Pot doesn't Air-Fry, but I have a stand alone Air-Fryer for when I want it.


Oh yeah, I also made pulled pork in the Instant Pot for a Pat's tailgate party in about an hour and 10 minutes, and it was really good---not as good as my pulled pork done on the Smoker, but pretty damn good for an hour and 10 minutes...

https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/instant-pot-bbq-pulled-pork/ 
Burner02
7 years ago
Scored the Ninja Foofi yesterday and prepared first meal tonight. Had beef short ribs and roasted vegetables. Wife indicated that we would be having the same in the near future. I will say that the foodi seems to be extremely versatile. Not having an air fryer and the wife wanting one kind of led us toward the foodi.



namadio
7 years ago
I got a top round roast real cheap the other day. 80 minutes in the instant pot and it was supeerrrrr tender. I over seasoned it but live and learn.

Then I stuffed a freaking 12 lbs turkey in the 8qt instant pot. Its not as good as a thanksgiving bird in the roaster oven for half a day but it finished in like 1.5 hours with zero effort or checking. Butterball 12-13 lbs turkeys were like 4 bucks at target so i bought a few....
Burner02
7 years ago
So far we are liking the Ninja. My rec for those that don't have a pressure cooker or air fryer and want both would be to purchase the Ninja. If you have one or the other and want the other then purchase that item and don't spend the extra for the Ninja. Probably the only down side to having a pressure cooker and air fryer is the additional space for two items.

Did I mention that we are liking the Ninja?
Mr. Jones
7 years ago
Those new fangled cooking machines you ALL SPEAK OF...

ARE THE WORK OF BEEEEE-ELLLL-ZAAAA-BUB...

CAN YOU SAY????

S.A.T.A.N....

BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Mrs. dpnewell
7 years ago
The 8 quart Instapot is on sale today only at Sams Club for $79.98. I think we'll be picking one up.

David
RMAN4443
7 years ago

The 8 quart Instapot is on sale today only at Sams Club for $79.98. I think we'll be picking one up.

David

Mrs. dpnewell wrote:


I have that model, but I f'ed up and paid the full price...2 weeks later they had it for $79.88](*,)

Still a great buy...I cook everything in there...
Mrs. dpnewell
7 years ago
For those who are interested, the 8 quart Instant Pot Viva is on sale again at Sam's Club for $79.95. I think the price is good till the 18th.

Add the new "Mealthy CrispLid" air fryer lid for $50.00, and you can do everything the Ninja does for far less bucks.

BTW, we use our Instant Pot frequently. It was a very good investment.

David
dstieger
7 years ago
Thanks, David.

We love our Instapot...and were just talking about air fryers yesterday. I didn't want to commit to cost and storage hassle without confidence I'd even like it. Never heard of the Mealthy lid, but it looks like something we 'need'. 🙂
RMAN4443
7 years ago
I need to look into the Mealthy lid too....I love chicken wings from the Instant Pot to cook, and then into the Airfryer for a few minutes to crisp up....wonder if the lid will do the job without needing to dirty both appliances...:-k
Mrs. dpnewell
7 years ago
With the kitchen torn out of the NC house, we have a hot plate, microwave, Instant Pot and air fryer for all our cooking. The Instant Pot is getting a ton of usage, though I do have a Keto cheesecake baking in the air fryer right now.

Check the YouTube reviews for the Mealthy CrispLid. Most say it allows you to "broil" or crisp up your Instant Pot dishes without transferring them an air fryer or oven. They also seem to think it turns the Instant Pot into a fine stand alone air fryer too. I'm seriously considering one.

David
Users browsing this topic