DrafterX
6 years ago
Thousands of fat innkeeper worms, known as “**** fish,” have washed up on a beach in Northern California.

“Thousands of these marine worms—called fat innkeeper worms, or ‘**** fish’—were found on Drake’s Beach last week!” said the magazine. “These phallic organisms are quite common along the West coast of North America, but they spend their whole lives in U-shaped burrows under the sand, so few beachgoers are aware of their existence.”

In an article, Bay Nature magazine explainedthat the pulsating 10-inch worms may have been washed up by a strong storm that disrupted sediments in the intertidal zone.

Innkeeper worms, or Urechis unicinctus, are also found in the Elkhorn Slough nature reserve on Monterey Bay, California.

"It lives in a ‘U-shaped’ tunnel or burrow and has a unique method of eating. It secretes a slime net, which serves to trap small food particles,” explains NOAA. “The worm circulates water through the tunnel, trapping food in the slime net. When the mucus net becomes loaded with food, the entire net, with its burden of food, is swallowed by the worm.”

The worms can reach up to 19 inches long, but are usually six to nine inches long, according to NOAA.

frankj1
6 years ago
di(kfish...it's what's for dinner
DrafterX
6 years ago
I bet Jade could eat a whole bucket full of Urechis unicinctuses... 😟
MACS
6 years ago
I heard Frank has a pulsating 10-inch worm... 😟
ZRX1200
6 years ago
Somewhere in flyover country, someone regrets leaving California.
frankj1
6 years ago

I heard Frank has a pulsating 10-inch worm... 😟

MACS wrote:


after passing a certain length, they are known as Richardfish.
ZRX1200
6 years ago

after passing a certain length, they are known as Richardfish.

frankj1 wrote:




Or “FrankfHurther”
frankj1
6 years ago

Or “FrankfHurther”

ZRX1200 wrote:


not sure who is laughing harder, me...or Caren!
MACS
6 years ago

after passing a certain length, they are known as Richardfish.

frankj1 wrote:



Sometimes when people irritate me I recommend they consume a satchel of richardfish (eat a bag of d*cks).
delta1
6 years ago
babies are called Little Richard fries
DrafterX
6 years ago
😟
RMAN4443
6 years ago
I happen to be a Richard...8-[
deadeyedick
6 years ago

I happen to be a Richard...8-[

RMAN4443 wrote:



Me too:deadeyerichard
frankj1
6 years ago

I happen to be a Richard...8-[

RMAN4443 wrote:


I heard your name is Di(k but they call you Richard for long.
DrafterX
6 years ago
So, TW is a grub..?? 🤔
tailgater
6 years ago

I happen to be a Richard...8-[

RMAN4443 wrote:



They say you are what you eat.


RMAN4443
6 years ago

They say you are what you eat.


tailgater wrote:


You mean I'm a Poosy????....=p~
frankj1
6 years ago
frankj1
6 years ago
NICE!


I mean...insensitive boor!
RMAN4443
6 years ago
I'm sorry....😊
Users browsing this topic