midmofan
6 years ago
Over at the OMB3 place, their "super sampler" of 10 cigars for $15 is back. This deal goes on and off with the mix of cigars changing from time to time. Right now its "on" and includes the following:

1 - Cain F 550 (5.75 x 50)
1 - H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Robusto Larga (5 x 50)
1 - La Gloria Cubana Wavell Natural (5 x 50)
1 - Macanudo Hyde Park Café (5.5 x 49)
1 - Montecristo Platinum Toro (6 x 50)
1 - Nub Habano 460 (4 x 60)
1 - Oliva Serie G Churchill (7 x 50)
1 - Punch Rothschild (4.5 x 50)
1 - Rocky Patel Renaissance Maduro Robusto (5 x 50)
1 - Romeo y Julieta 1875 Robusto Larga (5.75 x 50)

IF (and only if) you are already ordering something else from them - that, preferably, includes free shipping as their ever changing daily/weekly/weekend deals always do - then this is not a bad add-on to your order. This sampler does not include free shipping on its own so if you got JUST this sampler, it would be an additional $8 - no longer such a good deal IMO. For me the current mix of cigars they have are worth the $1.50 each when not paying for shipping for the sampler -YMMV. I am stocking up for several events and parties where I have cigars on hand for both myself and others to enjoy and this sample is a pretty good one for the mix. You get a couple of milder ones for those that don't smoke often and moochers always love the "Big Name" handouts!

Only one sampler per order.

The catch, however, is that you cant' get to this deal directly on their web page (at least I can't). You have to find an internet ad and click on it or go to slickdeals and search "cigar super sampler" and this deal will be in the list. You have to go to the OMB3 site via the listed deal link (or an ad) to be able to put the super sampler to your cart, then you can add whatever other item(s) you were planning to get.

At least you don't have to do any shenanigans like a burner email address, you can log into your account after you have the sampler in your cart and everything works fine.
ZRX1200
6 years ago
A lot of work for schiff(ty) cigars IMO.

KingoftheCove
6 years ago

A lot of work for schiff(ty) cigars IMO.

ZRX1200 wrote:


Chitty might be a bit harsh.
Then again, I wouldn’t pay $1.50 for any of those...
ZRX1200
6 years ago
Ok the Cain and the LGC aren’t bad.

Nub and the Oliva G *meh*

KingoftheCove
6 years ago

Ok the Cain and the LGC aren’t bad.

Nub and the Oliva G *meh*

ZRX1200 wrote:


:-k
What about the Montecristo PLATINUM?
midmofan
6 years ago
They are not incredible smokes, but all worth $1.50 if including shipping. And since I was ordering from them anyway (another box of Room 101 MC3 Roxxos!), was worth the add-on. Can't get much of anything for less than that even around here when shipping charges factor in.

The LGC Wavell is a very good cigar, the Cain is nice as well. I like the flavor of the Nub Habano although never cared for the size/style of the Nubs

I have always liked the series G when get them for under $2, but I - unlike a number of folks - enjoy Cameroon wrappers so maybe I would like the H.U. though never tried it.

Hyde Park is a perfectly fine morning-with-coffee smoke (yes, its CREAMY!!!!!!)

Punch, RP, RyJ -- all good for giving away or working in the yard, BBQ'ing etc.

Most likely with this batch, I will smoke the LGC and Cain myself, maybe try the H.U just to see, and watch the others get grabbed up at the parties from those reaching for the name and thinking I spent a lot more than I did on what I was handing out.

Perhaps I should save the Platinum for the annual membership meeting....

ZRX1200
6 years ago
I wanted to like the HU but I hated it.

To me the Monte was kind of an air ball.
KingoftheCove
6 years ago


.

Perhaps I should save the Platinum for the annual membership meeting....

midmofan wrote:


Heh heh....
GaryR
6 years ago

They are not incredible smokes, but all worth $1.50 if including shipping. And since I was ordering from them anyway (another box of Room 101 MC3 Roxxos!), was worth the add-on. Can't get much of anything for less than that even around here when shipping charges factor in.

midmofan wrote:



Am I wrong thinking that the Papi Chulo box of 50 is a much better deal?
GaryR
6 years ago
Looks like while I was pissing around trying to figure out what to buy to get the free shipping, sampler deal disappeared. Was removed from my cart too.

Edit: I was able to find a link to the deal through Slickdeals and re-add it to cart. Weird....
midmofan
6 years ago

Am I wrong thinking that the Papi Chulo box of 50 is a much better deal?

GaryR wrote:



I've been tempted to get a box of the Papis, but I like the Roxxos so much I just always wind up buying them instead.The Pappi is a lot smaller so not sure how much smoking time you get and if the flavor is much different.. If they still have the Pappi's when they run out of the Roxxos, I will try them for certain.
GaryR
6 years ago

I've been tempted to get a box of the Papis, but I like the Roxxos so much I just always wind up buying them instead.The Pappi is a lot smaller so not sure how much smoking time you get and if the flavor is much different.. If they still have the Pappi's when they run out of the Roxxos, I will try them for certain.

midmofan wrote:



Finally tried one of the Roxxos I got a box of due to reading this thread and your post. Wow, very impressive. Thanks for turning me on to them!

jjanecka
6 years ago
Thick ring guage..
midmofan
6 years ago

Thick ring guage..

jjanecka wrote:




That's what she said....
midmofan
6 years ago

Finally tried one of the Roxxos I got a box of due to reading this thread and your post. Wow, very impressive. Thanks for turning me on to them!

GaryR wrote:


Yeah one of my favorites. Not as amazing as the Cool Arrow, but close and less temperamental. They also last a long time for their size.... (Wait for it...)
clintCigar
6 years ago
^also what she said


I coincidentally got some of the Papi Chulo recently. I'll have to break one out this week and see whats up
midmofan
6 years ago

^also what she said


I coincidentally got some of the Papi Chulo recently. I'll have to break one out this week and see whats up

clintCigar wrote:


Definitely report back on the Papi's , been tempted by them a number of times.
clintCigar
6 years ago
GaryR
6 years ago

^also what she said


I coincidentally got some of the Papi Chulo recently. I'll have to break one out this week and see whats up

clintCigar wrote:



Bump for a report on the Papi!

Man I am still loving the Roxxos. They are perfect size for taking a break in the middle of my day and the flavor is amazing.

(Did she say that, too?)
clintCigar
6 years ago
^Shiit I forgot to smoke one of those. I'll pull one out today.
Users browsing this topic