midmofan
6 years ago
Anyone had these? I generally like Cameroon wrappers and like Lanceros when they are rolled properly, so thought at that price might be worth a gamble, but this particular cigar does not show up on the official La Aurora page making me suspicious.

Any thoughts

Also, what's the best cigar shopping in the year 4545, cause, you know, won't need my teeth then....

https://www.cigarbid.com/a/la-aurora-cameroon-cigars/3492632/ 
Sunoverbeach
6 years ago
I've had the robusto. Found it to be an enjoyable smoke, but not the most complex one. I'd put it on the mellower to medium end of the scale. Also feel LA does well on construction generally with rare exceptions
midmofan
6 years ago

I've had the robusto. Found it to be an enjoyable smoke, but not the most complex one. I'd put it on the mellower to medium end of the scale. Also feel LA does well on construction generally with rare exceptions

Sunoverbeach wrote:




Thanks, most reviews say similar things, but they are not for this newer (stronger??) Palmas Extra Cameroon version for which I have found no reviews although they are being carried by several discount internet sites. That plus them not being on the web page makes me wonder what the story is.

But for $2 per including shipping, what the heck.
USNGunner
6 years ago
I've had the La Aurora Preferidos, the cameroon is the platinum and those are amazing. If you want to want, I'll split them with you, I dang sure don't need a full box.
24132413
6 years ago

NOT THAT SIZE. It's an average cigar. Fuller flavored after some decent aging. Not as good as Oliva G. For two bucks not bad.
Stogie1020
6 years ago

I've had the La Aurora Preferidos, the cameroon is the platinum and those are amazing. If you want to want, I'll split them with you, I dang sure don't need a full box.

USNGunner wrote:


Gunner, how did you cut yours? I used a straight cutter and found the draw really tough on these. Maybe I didn't snip enough though. As short as it was, I didn't want to lose too much.
USNGunner
6 years ago

Gunner, how did you cut yours? I used a straight cutter and found the draw really tough on these. Maybe I didn't snip enough though. As short as it was, I didn't want to lose too much.

Stogie1020 wrote:



Straight across. No issues with draw on mine. You run into plugs every now and then. Sail needle or a draw enhancer will make short work of those. 🍺
Pudding Mittens
6 years ago

You run into plugs every now and then. Sail needle or a draw enhancer will make short work of those. 🍺

USNGunner wrote:


I recommend the PerfecDraw. Recently had its price reduced, if I recall right, which is great. Designed by a dentist (they know sharp steel tools!) and IMO is much more effective than other cigar draw tools.
.
Sunoverbeach
6 years ago
I second that. The little barbs open a tunnel that's resistant To tar filling back in. Balked at cost initially but it's been worth it in frustration avoided
Stogie1020
6 years ago
Thanks gents, I will try again and see how it goes. With those sticks being as short as they are, I could probably just use a 10 penny nail as a draw poker...

-Commie 7
Palama
6 years ago

I second that. The little barbs open a tunnel that's resistant To tar filling back in. Balked at cost initially but it's been worth it in frustration avoided

Sunoverbeach wrote:



Thanks gents, I will try again and see how it goes. With those sticks being as short as they are, I could probably just use a 10 penny nail as a draw poker...

-Commie 7

Stogie1020 wrote:



Stogie / Commie 7,

Iffin’ you’re gonna be smoking seegars for the next 2, 3, 5 years, the PerfecDraw tool will be totally worth it. I’ve used toothpicks, nails, drill bits and an ice pick but the PD is easy to use and clearly the best device for tight draw smokes. Like Dan said, it’s been worth it.

Commie 4
corey sellers
6 years ago
Wife bought me the perfec draw it works great. All a nail will do is compact the tobacco where as the perfec draw removes tobacco so will a drill bit but not as good.
Stogie1020
6 years ago
OK, will keep an eye out for a perfect draw.

I was smoking the perfecto preferidos, so maybe the shape had something to do with the issues I was having. it's a pretty small vitola and there was not a ton of room to snip the end, so it's entirely possible that I just didn't snip off enough. I tend to err on the side of caution when snipping straight across. It's a by-product of attending a number of circumcisions (I am a Hebe).

-Commie7
frankj1
6 years ago

OK, will keep an eye out for a perfect draw.

I was smoking the perfecto preferidos, so maybe the shape had something to do with the issues I was having. it's a pretty small vitola and there was not a ton of room to snip the end, so it's entirely possible that I just didn't snip off enough. I tend to err on the side of caution when snipping straight across. It's a by-product of attending a number of circumcisions (I am a Hebe).

-Commie7

Stogie1020 wrote:


shabbat shalom...I know, I'm a day and a half early
Stogie1020
6 years ago
Shabbat Shalom to you as well!

Users browsing this topic