delta1
  • delta1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
6 years ago
The US Senate confirmed unanimously Gen. Charles Q. Brown as the Chief of Staff of the US Air Force. He is the first African American to lead any branch of the US Military.
tonygraz
6 years ago
Charlie Brown ?

Whistlebritches
6 years ago

The US Senate confirmed unanimously Gen. Charles Q. Brown as the Chief of Staff of the US Air Force. He is the first African American to lead any branch of the US Military.

delta1 wrote:




Honestly I've never given two schits as to anyones skin color in leadership roles or otherwise.
frankj1
6 years ago

Honestly I've never given two schits as to anyones skin color in leadership roles or otherwise.

Whistlebritches wrote:


wait until the ether wears off!

Abrignac
6 years ago
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” ~MLK
tonygraz
6 years ago

Honestly I've never given two schits as to anyones skin color in leadership roles or otherwise.

Whistlebritches wrote:



Voted for Obama 6 times too !
DrMaddVibe
6 years ago

Obama didn't promote him to the COS 6 times too !

tonygraz wrote:


teedubbya
6 years ago
Yall can make anything political. Anyone starting to notice more and more political crap creeping in to the general forum?

Ron that is because you are a good man.

170ish years without a person of color in the position. Seems like too much to be coincidental.

victor809
6 years ago
To be fair, some of those years we didn't consider them people....
CelticBomber
6 years ago

wait until the ether wears off!

frankj1 wrote:




Hahahahahahaha!

delta1
  • delta1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
6 years ago

wait until the ether wears off!

frankj1 wrote:


gold
delta1
  • delta1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
6 years ago

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” ~MLK

Abrignac wrote:



I was thinking about how long it's been since we were thinking "first black in ______". It's been awhile...

sorry TW, I know, wrong forum...but the issue of racism is more general than political...confining it to only politics minimizes the impact
BuckyB93
6 years ago
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Commander in Chief don't count as military positions?
Mrs. dpnewell
6 years ago

To be fair, some of those years we didn't consider them people....

victor809 wrote:



Don't include me (and many others here) in your "we".

David
Gene363
6 years ago

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” ~MLK

Abrignac wrote:



Exactly!
delta1
  • delta1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
6 years ago

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Commander in Chief don't count as military positions?

BuckyB93 wrote:




sure they do, but in a tangential way, because the CIC is an elected position and does not culminate from a long and arduous career in the armed forces...

the law prevents the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs from having actual command over any of the armed forces...it's basically an advisory position to the POTUS,


but does that minimize Brown's appointment's significance?

the Chief of Staff actually commands military personnel among his branch
victor809
6 years ago

Don't include me (and many others here) in your "we".

David

Mrs. dpnewell wrote:



Feel free to decide you don't bear any responsibility for that.
I've stopped trying to actually change anyone's mind.

Now I just mock people
delta1
  • delta1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
6 years ago
I'm heading that way, sadly...

at the age that most of us here find ourselves, very few are likely to change...

it's an important dialog, tho...
victor809
6 years ago
Honestly... it's becoming the only way.
HockeyDad
6 years ago

it's an important dialog, tho...

delta1 wrote:




It’s something to do while passing time waiting for the Covid to kill us all.
Users browsing this topic