CarsonTheCat
6 years ago
Anyone tried these before? I've seen quite a few people talking about them on Facebook, mostly asking if anyone knows where to find them. Just wondered if they are actually "spicy".
Sunoverbeach
6 years ago
Been wanting to try those too but a lot of the Viaje blends come and go pretty quickly. I was able to grab some of the last round of Ghost Peppers they released. Some definite pepper notes, but wouldn't say spicy exactly. Of course the wife tells me my spice scale isn't properly calibrated
corey sellers
6 years ago
I agree some definite pepper notes without a doubt I have had the scotch bonnet and the jalapeno and the phat jalapeno.
Sunoverbeach
6 years ago
Though if you want to try actual spicy, keep an eye out for the Cu-Avana Punisher that pops up on here. Not the same level of quality but definitely creates a bit of a burn on the lips
CarsonTheCat
6 years ago
SOB, you can calibrate your spice scale by putting a bottlecap of red pepper flakes on your tongue for 24 hours. Should read exactly 75% RH (relative hotness).
Sunoverbeach
6 years ago
That would be toning it down a bit. I currently either use a few drops of an extract based sauce or just use ground Carolina Reaper. I'm training myself for any spicy food challenges I may come across. The Wings Etc. Wall of Flame was disappointing
Dg west deptford
6 years ago
Would also love to have gotten some of them. Haven't had enough of the Viaje unicorns but if you like pepper the Saka Todas Los Dias tastes like roasted long hots and brownies for me. EXCELLENT! but I love nearly everything Saka puts out.
Huge Indian food and pepper conossouir so like SOB my spice scale is fried.
Speaking of peppers harvest is in full swing in the garden. Jelly's and sauces are being bottled up for 2020
CarsonTheCat
6 years ago
SOB, I hear ya on the spice! Love a good, firey hot sauce as long as it also has flavor and isn't just straight heat. And DG, I absolutely love Indian food, and luckily there is a Punjabi restaurant very close to us that we get take-out from at least once a week. I also make Indian food at home, my favorite thing to make is Baingan Bharta, although we're not vegetarians, I just love the flavor!
corey sellers
6 years ago
I agree with the cu avana punisher I came across 2 earlier. I smoked one a long time ago andvit was strong pepper so my wife said let me try it . Huge mistake she started calling buicks shortly after has never asked to try another cigar.
ZRX1200
6 years ago
I found the pepper series to all be ok to good, none of them were as vitamin N strong as I expected but they all had spice. Some more than others....The 10-12 Gauge Shot Shells are much better cigars for the $ if you can find em.
Mcdanielsamuel
6 years ago
And this discussion, with it's varied and some similar viewpoints of the same cigar, is one of my favorite things about these forums. 😃

zody
6 years ago

Anyone tried these before? I've seen quite a few people talking about them on Facebook, mostly asking if anyone knows where to find them. Just wondered if they are actually "spicy".

CarsonTheCat wrote:



Full body with black and red pepper but def not like a capsaicin type spice. I've had the Jalapeno and got a box of the Carolina Reapers, the pepper farms Viaje's are a little gimmicky but they are good.
zody
6 years ago

I found the pepper series to all be ok to good, none of them were as vitamin N strong as I expected but they all had spice. Some more than others....The 10-12 Gauge Shot Shells are much better cigars for the $ if you can find em.

ZRX1200 wrote:



This ^
hnixon12
6 years ago
can you break them up and put them on Nachos?
ZRX1200
6 years ago
That’s what I do with the ones that aren’t Pepin rolled.
Pudding Mittens
6 years ago
.
Tried a number of Viajes. I found them overhyped, overpriced and underwhelming, personally.

Your mileage may vary.
.
cacman
6 years ago

.
Tried a number of Viajes. I found them overhyped, overpriced and underwhelming, personally.

Your mileage may vary.
.

Pudding Mittens wrote:


Have you tried the Exclusivo line?
delta1
6 years ago
one of my all-time favorite cigars was the Viaje Oro Reserva Aficionado...it was a churchill, 7" x 50 rg...first and only cigar that I swore had maple syrup notes among a variety of flavors
Users browsing this topic