shaun341
6 years ago
Was just looking through brands on here and saw there are a lot of La Palina labels now. Made me think of the Goldies and don't remember the last time I heard of that release. Is it no longer or just a break from the line?
ZRX1200
6 years ago
Pretty sure they use the “Goldie” as a limited release and it’s been sporadic on years of release. I believe there was 2 or 3 lanceros and a couple different Toros.
jamespoole
6 years ago
They are made at El Titan de Bronze and the size is different every year. They are pretty nice cigars, but usually on the milder side of things.
NapalmMan67
6 years ago
I really liked the No. 2 and Dalia from a few years ago. Wish I had more.


.
KingoftheCove
6 years ago

They are made at El Titan de Bronze and the size is different every year. They are pretty nice cigars, but usually on the milder side of things.

jamespoole wrote:


Been here 10 years, never called or wrote, and THEN pops in to gives us La Palina knowledge.
=d>
texassmoker
6 years ago
All of the Goldies were rolled by Maria Sierra. Sadly, Ms. Sierra has passed away. She explained to me one day at El Titan that her entire year's work was limited to the 20,000 Goldies she rolled each year. When she had finished that year's production she would take time off to retrain her hands for rolling next year's vitola. She also bunched each and every Goldie.

Maria was an absolutely charming woman. She lived an extraordinary life. She was the highest-rated female roller ever in Cuba.


That's probably a little more detail than you guys were looking for...
shaun341
6 years ago
^^^sad to hear, I remember a few of the Goldies being pretty good. Guess there is no replacing talent like that though.
Numismaniac
6 years ago

All of the Goldies were rolled by Maria Sierra. Sadly, Ms. Sierra has passed away. She explained to me one day at El Titan that her entire year's work was limited to the 20,000 Goldies she rolled each year. When she had finished that year's production she would take time off to retrain her hands for rolling next year's vitola. She also bunched each and every Goldie.

Maria was an absolutely charming woman. She lived an extraordinary life. She was the highest-rated female roller ever in Cuba.


That's probably a little more detail than you guys were looking for...

texassmoker wrote:




She trained another roller at El Titan, and he's been rolling them for a few years now. I spent some time at the shop and had her sign a box of each of her releases, then the owner resealed them for me. She was a really nice lady.
shaun341
5 years ago
Looks like they found a new roller, but priced themselves right out of the market imo at $23 per.

https://halfwheel.com/la-palina-goldie-no-6-arrives-in-stores/384559/ 
clintCigar
5 years ago
yeah i just got an email from the Inn place about these. Never had a La Palina remotely worth that lol
corey sellers
5 years ago
23 per hell nah
opelmanta1900
5 years ago
That'll put the price right around $82 each in California...
ZRX1200
5 years ago
Yeah I got the email too and about “smooth light-ed” my pants 💩
ZRX1200
5 years ago
Also I have no idea if I’d want to pay that much for a large rg Goldie
dkeage
5 years ago

Looks like they found a new roller, but priced themselves right out of the market imo at $23 per.

https://halfwheel.com/la-palina-goldie-no-6-arrives-in-stores/384559/ 

shaun341 wrote:


Really enjoyed the box of ten I got years ago...
They were pricey, but not that pricey
delta1
5 years ago
yep, the first release, the petit lancero Laguito was worth the price...great cigar for about $15 each, if you could find them...
Users browsing this topic