lancer1
4 years ago
I just purchased these for about $5/cigar. I am not expecting a great cigar, but I am expecting an OK cigar that burns. These things are terrible. I went through a whole pack of matches trying to keep this thing lit. I've tried 2 cigars from the 5-pack and both were terrible. Has Montecristo fallen so far that they are willing to put their name on a POS like these?

https://www.cigarbid.com/a/montecristo-churchill-extra/4240497/ 



Jakethesnake86
4 years ago
If they didn’t burn well they’re probably over humidified. Rest em for a few months That’s usually the problem 95.2 % of the time


I never had a taste for that specific cigar.
I’m the snake
lancer1
4 years ago
thanks, I had a hunch they were too soft and I did take them out of the humidor. maybe they just need to dry out
LeeBot
4 years ago

If they didn’t burn well they’re probably over humidified. Rest em for a few months That’s usually the problem 95.2 % of the time


I never had a taste for that specific cigar.

Jakethesnake86 wrote:




I concur with Jake that it sounds like they are over humidified. You could put them in a dry box for a few days if you really want to have one soon.

But Jake's numbers are way off. Over humidification is the problem 94.9% of the time.

Stogie1020
4 years ago
Did I miss something? Is 98.2% humidification not the "in" number anymore?
BuckyB93
4 years ago
Typically it's 98.2% but in this case it might be less than the default. I'm thinkin' they should be smoked around 62-65% but that's just me and I wouldn't buy a Montecristo Churchill.

Just my 1.8% of input.
ZRX1200
4 years ago
Sounds like they sent you internet cigars not shpo cigars.

Good to Platinum™️
Abrignac
4 years ago
When will they learn?
Stogie1020
4 years ago

I am not expecting a great cigar, but I am expecting an OK cigar that burns.

lancer1 wrote:


Smoke what you like and all, but.... Maybe it's just me, but if I spend $5 on a cigar, I expect it to be good. Not "drop your drawers and discipline a primate" good, but good. Like CAO Brazilia good.

I feel like someone is going start a thread soon titled " I ordered crappy Gurkhas and they sent me crappy Gurkhas. WTF?"
KingoftheCove
4 years ago
Almost ELEVEN years Lancer!
NOW you have the nerve to skip and shuffle into these hallowed grounds to whine about your over humidified dog rocket that cost you a pack of matches?
(I get those free by the way.........PlatinumPlus don’t ya know)

Anyways, Frank has been worried. A txt or email every now and again would be nice..............but I guess you are just too busy!

Yeah, dry box the yard gars a bit and you’ll be happier.
frankj1
4 years ago
I'm beside myself.

Thank you Sire.
Users browsing this topic