Poll Question: Which bottle would you open?
Whistlebritches
4 years ago
On this special occasion.........I have 3 ,what I consider special bottles
dkeage
4 years ago

On this special occasion.........I have 3 ,what I consider special bottles

Whistlebritches wrote:


Funny.... my 30th is 6/6 (Yes, D-Day). I am trying to make the same choice of the same bottles...:-k
Gene363
4 years ago
Congratulations!

Open all of them, a little.
Whistlebritches
4 years ago

Funny.... my 30th is 6/6 (Yes, D-Day). I am trying to make the same choice of the same bottles...:-k

dkeage wrote:



6/6 will be a completely different day for me...........I have hip replacement scheduled , happy,happy,joy,joy


BTW bottle guidance would be nice Kip............I'm leaning Blanton's simply because I can get it maybe once a year at msrp,the others are complete unicorns.
dkeage
4 years ago

6/6 will be a completely different day for me...........I have hip replacement scheduled , happy,happy,joy,joy


BTW bottle guidance would be nice KipP...........I'm leaning Blanton's simply because I can get it maybe once a year at msrp,the others are complete unicorns.

Whistlebritches wrote:



I can’t decide for myself. 😣

Sunoverbeach
4 years ago
Congrats! Not my area of brown liquor knowledge, but I do wonder, if 4 decades isn't unicorn worthy, how special of an occasion are you waiting for?
frankj1
4 years ago
first of all...Mazel Tov!

Can't help ya pick one, Ron, but I'd make it a two horse race between Elmer and Blantons.
Palama
4 years ago
Congratulations to Annie and you! =d>

Your wife is a saint! 😇

As for the special occasion drink? I’d go with the Blanton’s…’cause that’s what I was gonna drink in July when Patti and I celebrate our 40th too.

So what’cha gonna smoke? 🤔
Burner02
4 years ago
Many congrats on the milestone,

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three.
deadeyedick
4 years ago
Congrats Ron. I have no insight on the whiskey but I would open the one you consider the best.
dkeage
4 years ago




BTW bottle guidance would be nice Kip.............

Whistlebritches wrote:




Done
MACS
4 years ago
Wife's birthday is your anniversary.

Happy anniversary...

Can't vote as I have never had any of the three.
rpnociti
4 years ago
Plan ahead - Blanton's for the 40th, Weller 12 for the 50th and Elmer for the 60th.

Good luck with the hip surgery. Had both of mine done, about 10 weeks apart , in 2019. Was not a terrible experience for me.
frankj1
4 years ago
just voted, went Elmers cuz I used to buy it all the time but have not seen it anywhere since Elmer died...except one place that was selling it for double what I had been paying for years.

I probably consider Blantons a bit better, but at least that's available once in a while near me...

and nothing wrong with Weller, just like a few a little more.
CelticBomber
4 years ago
Drink one of the Unicorns. Are they for having or are they for drinking and enjoying?
clintCigar
4 years ago
Congrats WB! Happy Anniversary!
CelticBomber
4 years ago

Congrats WB! Happy Anniversary!

clintCigar wrote:



Thanks for reminding me of my manners... my first comment should have been Happy Anniversary! 40 years is quite a milestone that's becoming quite rare!

I was blinded by bourbon. I sat here imagining tasting all 3.
8trackdisco
4 years ago
Congrats, WB.

I chose Blantons. Full disclosure- haven't had the other two.

deadeyedick
4 years ago
Never tasted any of them..... but I have gifted a few Elmers over the years.
delta1
4 years ago
Happy Anniversary, Ron...you and Annie have reached a serious milestone and should both celebrate...let her have a taste of what you decide, then let her choose a drink for the occasion and partake of her choice...
Users browsing this topic