tailgater
4 years ago
It's difficult enough hiring today's whiney shut-ins to do a job.

Now we have to toy with the idea of a signing bonus.

I suggested fuqing with the youngsters by using proper numerology (is that a word?).

"Join today and receive a $2M signing bonus after your first year of employment."

Problem is, I wouldn't hire anyone who thought it meant $2 million.

So I'm back to square one.


Sunoverbeach
4 years ago
Other problem is the ones who do wouldn't want to work for someone who can't keep their numbering systems consistent.
tailgater
4 years ago

Other problem is the ones who do wouldn't want to work for someone who can't keep their numbering systems consistent.

Sunoverbeach wrote:



If you're referring to my numbering system, it is entirely consistent.
2M is 2 thousand
2MM is 2 million

delta1
4 years ago
I got lost at "job"
Sunoverbeach
4 years ago
My assumption was M was the Roman Numeral designation, whereas 2 is a part of the decimal positional numeral system (all hail Google for its vast knowledge of random info here). If my interpretation was accurate, I'd call it consistently cobbled together

If my interpretation was incorrect, I'd call me wrong and forget I piped up in the first place
Palama
4 years ago

I got lost at "job"

delta1 wrote:



😂
Palama
4 years ago
I’ve never been gud wif numbers, especially da Roman kine so once scolded my boss for using M for thousands. Told him to use K so he switched. Just so happened that in the industry we were in, it was more common for our manufacturers as well as our customers to use K so never thought I was wrong and shouldn’t have corrected him. 🤦
Mr. Jones
4 years ago
Sounds like that Philadelphia HOOTERS CLUB BAR down on the riverfront THAT HAD A CONTEST FOR ITS FEMALE WORKERS...

I FORGET THE particulars but .....
The prize and poster said...
"W.I.N. A FREE TOYODA " AND IT HAD A PICTURE OF A TOYOTA TACOMA ON THE CONTEST POSTER...

SO THIS WENT ON ALL SUMMER LONG I THINK?

FINALLY THE WINNING WAITRESS WAS PICKED IN A BIG CEREMONY....CUSTOMERS AND PRESS were there...
They announce the winner and instead of handing over keys to a new Tacoma truck....

They handed her a "TOY YODA" STUFFED STAR WARS DOLL

SHE SUED THEM I THINK???
Users browsing this topic