Champ2u
23 years ago
Hello guys, I got a box (sealed) of Rebublica Dominicana Cohibas Topedeos with the orginal black/yellow bands. Just wondering what they are worth. I paid $73.00 US dollars. I understand that they don't make the Dominis with these labels anymore and went to the "Black Dot" labels.
Thanks guys and SMOKE UP !!!!!
bigjordo
23 years ago
sorry man, i think what you have may not be the "cohiba's" you're thinking of....
searchin around for cohibas i ran across
and the guy sellin em even says its a different company
but who knows, i could be wrong
xibbumbero
23 years ago
Sorry to have to tell ya Champ but I've seen these go for about $40 a bax. X
xibbumbero
23 years ago
Uh...that should be box. I have no idea what a bax is. X
xaigoxx
23 years ago
Those cigars suck a big fat one. When I was a noob cigar smoker, I thought those were the best cigars on the planet! I mean...they were "Cohibas", right? But they suck big time.
jgjam
23 years ago
Uh oh... where's Slim???

John
Slimboli
23 years ago
Here I is ...

Man, looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

I've been away far too long ... šŸ˜‰

NOW STOP POSTING COMPETING WEBSITES!!!
RICKAMAVEN
23 years ago
xibbumbero
a bax is like a faux pas. like after someone has bought a car of a BOX of cigars and telling him he could have gotten it cheaper.
Champ2u
23 years ago
So, what you guys are telling me is that they are maybe not cohibas and/or $ is lower and they suck? I have that sealed box and 5 lose ones. I should post a pic on the box and one of the singles.
jgjam
23 years ago
They ARE Cohibas, just not Cuban Cohibas and not good Cohibas, although I have never enjoyed Cohibas and have always thought them to be way overrated.

The Dominican Cohibas you describe are no longer distributed in the US due to a trademark dispute with General Cigar Co., makers of red dot Cohibas. Several unscrupulous vendors will lead to believe they are extremely rare and worth much more than they are.

I have a few in the humidor that I picked up here on cbid several months ago for much less and pass them off to non-savy associates occasionally. They think they are getting something really great.

John
osage
23 years ago
It is not a bad cigar. The cigar store that I frequent sold them for $4.50 to $7.00 depending on the size. Looks like you paid around $3.00 a stick. Not all bad of a deal. I guess prices vary from area to area but I would say you didn't get hurt.
RICKAMAVEN
23 years ago
osage

you are a gentleman.
smithbw
23 years ago
My 2 Cents:

It does not matter where the cigar comes from or the brand. If you bought them as an investment then you may have to wait a long time for them to increase in value.

However, if you bought them because "You Like them" then smoke em and enjoy!!!!

I have smoked a few of them and they are not my taste for a matter of fact the Cuban Cohiba is also not my taste but they are considered by many as a good cigar.

Don't worry about price (within reason) concern yourself with taste. Don't worry about the opinions of others, that is all it is: An opinion!!!!

That is about all that you paid for...my 2 cents.

=)

Regards,


B

bud451
23 years ago
Used to be my "yard smoke". Used to pay $90...for 3 boxes(25) any size.
Robby
23 years ago
I don't particularly care for the Dominican cohiba's. I've had boxes of ISOM Faux Hibas, it's a funny thing about them. It's really hit or miss. And arguably more miss than hit. Some of them have been like Lucky Charms (magically delicious), others plugged, green, and in general not fit... But when you find a good one... It's like a hot date with a gymnast "defensive jab"(in my case that would be a woman gymnast). I’m talking about one of those cuties who spins and bounces and does flips and turns, Yee Haw!

My motto, "Core and Explore". If you have sticks you like and are generally highly recommended, enjoy, but don't be afraid to try something new from time to time.
bigjordo
23 years ago
yeah sorry bout the competing website thing, i just read the rules tonight.....wont happen again
AJ_CHICAGO
22 years ago
Just came across a box of these and they are "delicious". Perfect, long white ash, perfect burn, perfect draw, long, long lasting, mild and smooth. Shared one with my neighbor last night and his was lit for more than two hours. I guess sometimes you just get lucky!
SwimNaked
22 years ago
Funny that in this thread smithbw says Cohibas aren't his taste...

Billy... I'll take those two boxes you pictured the other day, since they're not your taste 😃 😃 😃

Seriously... šŸ™‚
Users browsing this topic